Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baby Rounds..

Well our doctors appointment was last night and for the first time since I have been going, we actually had to wait a few minutes.. which was a problem for me because I really needed to go to the bathroom!! But we got in, I got my blood taken for Spinabifida (which Steven claims he has lol, but he doesn't) and then we headed for the ultrasound. I love that we get to see our little baby every time we go in! It makes things more real for us and nothing feels better then when we actually get to hear it's heartbeat. That is usually when I let out a HUGE sigh and smile. Yay the baby is doing good!! Sometimes I wish I could take one of those ultrasound machines home and just check up on our baby everyday! I never thought I would be this paranoid about a baby inside me, but not knowing if it's okay kills me! Anyway, our lil baby is doing good! The baby's head is the normal (big) size and I got to see it's little spine and big belly. The doc says everything looks good and the baby is the normal size (which I was worried about because I am barely barely showing at 4 months!).. I looked at the scale when they weighed me and noticed that I am still 1 lb shy of my starting weight.. I guess that morning sickness did a few wonders on me, because somehow my pants don't fit anymore and I have some "fat" in the tummy region, but I still weigh less then I did when we first went in. Anyway, the doc didn't seem too concerned so I guess I shouldn't be either. I keep reminding myself that I should just be happy Im not huge and cant move around already! So I have yet to make it a full week without throwing up.. it is quite annoying! And the odd thing is.. most of the time it is on a Monday.. maybe the baby feels the same way I do about Monday's and that they suck! ha ha
Okay so enough about what I think.. here is what happened in the ultrasound.. the doc had a little bit of a hard time at first because our little rascal decided that it wanted to be modest and cross it's legs. Well anyway, we finally got to where she could determine what it is and... almost all of you were WRONG!!!!! It is a wonderful baby BOY!!! We are sooo excited because that is what we have both hoped for! Now all my boy clothes and crib set can actually be put to good use! Anyway, so we are excited.. I think my dad is extremely excited for another boy. He has 2 grandboys and now another one on the way. So we are all excited and we hope that everything continues to go well for the baby! I will post some belly pictures one day when I am actually showing!
Thanks for all your support and love, it's exciting to have so many great people to help us along the way!

6 comments:

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

That is so exciting about baby!! Little boys are so sweet and fun. If you really are concerned about checking up on the baby you can buy one of those heart beat monitors at the store. I believe they sell them in stores. Check into it. =) Anyways, I hope your morning sickness subsides soon.

Dallas & Michelle said...

I'm so excited for you two! Sorry about the last comment I had to delete it because I left out basically half the words so it didn't make sense. Anyway, I'm so happy you're getting a boy! You two will be the cutest parents! Congrats!

Brianne said...

A boy Rounds! Finally the name will be carried on! Nothing could be better than to hear your babies heart beat.
What is the name you are choosing?

Natalie said...

Yeah - How fun you are having a BOY!! - looks like Steven is getting his start at a basketball team!

Rachel said...

Congrats to you guys. That is exciting. Glad everything is going well with him.

Casandra said...

Any names?

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!