Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year was a lot like the other years during Thanksgiving. We have the opportunity to spend time with both Steven's family and my family on Thanksgiving and we get to eat two delicious meals. And lucky for me, this year I was able to eat more then my eyes could imagine (thanks to the pregnancy), so I actually never really got "stuffed." We spent the morning with Steven's family, it was kind of bare this year because Dan and Casandra (Steven's sister) are in Portland going to school and Steven's brother Ryan and Rachel spent this year with her family. So it ended up being his parents, and his sister Leslee and husband Devin. It was a nice cozy lunch and we had a lot of time to just relax and enjoy the day. We always get a new game over there so we got to play that and some other games while Korbin and Makayla slept. Before we left to go to my parents house Steven's dad needed help getting the tree up from the downstairs. Now..this tree is HUGE and he refuses to take it apart so to put it up and down we actually have to use the deck and rope and a few people to pull it up to the upstairs. Yes, I know, sounds funny..and it always is! So here are some pictures of the event..
 Korbin eating turkey!
 Mom, Korbin, Cousin Makayla, and Aunt Leslee
 Its blurry, but I still love it!
 Step 1- Tie the tree to the rope and throw the rope to the deck.
 Step 2- Start pulling the HUGE tree up
 Step 3- Have the top of the tree fall off and onto the cement because of the lack of tieing.
 Step 4- Pull up half the tree while someone else is holding the top part of the tree because it is still connected by lights.
 Step 5- Get 3 people to bring in the tree
Step 6- Realize that the very top of the tree is still missing and go search for it.  Then top the tree off when its found.
Korbin and Makayla watching the adults look silly as they try to get the tree up. I think this picture is super cute!

After the tree event we spent around 3pm until 9pm at my family's house for another celebration.  We had more people there, my brothers, sister, grandparents, and aunt.  It was delicious (as always) and then we spent the rest of the day watching football and eating more and more!  And of course we ended the night back at Steven's family for more games and pie.  I think we left there around 1am or so and we had fun learning some new games and just hanging out.
 Our Thanksgiving was really nice and I am always thankful for the wonderful families we have!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I hope things continue to go well for you. LOVE the picture of the baby cousins at the window. Sooo precious!

Rachel said...

Wow, is all I have to say about the tree ordeal. SO Randy!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!