Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Time 2012

Well I am just going to have to do a general post for the Christmas season. We had another amazing Christmas filled with a lot of memories that I will treasure forever! This year Korbin finally started realizing about Santa and presents, and he loved all the Christmas lights. He made my Christmas a million times better just seeing that twinkle in his eyes! Every time we saw any type of Christmas lights he would say "Mom!! More Cwistmus lights!" I loved it and caught myself smiling when I saw Christmas lights when he wasn't around.
 Our season started with a lot of Christmas lights, shopping, and family. We had the chance to go look at lights with Steven's sister Leslee and her little family. It was fun and Korbin loved it but it was really bad weather.. cold and rainy! So we quickly saw Santa and a few lights and went back home. Korbin was still deathly afraid of Santa and wanted nothing to do with him but getting that candy cane.. and he did manage to say "thank you" after his screaming was over.
 We also spent a night at my parents "Condo" right by the SLC Temple. We do this every year and I love it every year. This year wasn't any different. We ate at the delicious Spaghetti Factory, saw Santa again (Korb still afraid!) and then went back to the condo for snacks and games. We usually see the lights but we were all too exhausted.
 We spent a lot of time with my family and Steven's family and I think that is my favorite part of the season! I attempted my first holiday baking with Leslee for our neighbors and friends which turned out so so.. some things were delicious, others not so! But it was a good starting point and I think next year we will be experts! But I did have numerous compliments on the treats.
 We built a snowman outside and had fun playing in the snow.  And of course you cant forget actual Christmas! Korb loved opening every present and did so much better then I imagined! We were extremely spoiled not only with the time spent with the family but with all the gifts we were given.

 At Ogden's Christmas Village.





 At the Spaghetti Factory in SLC with my family. That is my sister below holding Aubree. We were standing in line to see Santa.
 Aubree was completely entertained by Santa's beard and bells.

 Eating some dinner! Yummy!
 My mom, brother Casey, and Dad.


 Korb and Mommy building our first snowman!

Our cute family that I love so much!
 All dressed up for Church. Soo cute!
 Christmas Eve morning we went to breakfast with my family. It was really fun.
Santa came! Doesnt look like much but dont let it fool you.. the rest is under the tree!
 Papa and Aubree (My dad)
 I made the kiddos PJ's this year and I was extremely satisfied with the ending result. Korb's shirt has a tie on it.
 Opening presents! Grandma Sylvia came over as well. That was cool.
 Aubree did better then I expected, she actually opened presents.. of course she ate the wrapping paper after!


I think Korbin might like Aubree's toys more then her! ha ha
 Grandma Sylvia helping Korb open presents.

 Some of Korbs presents.
 At Steven's families house.
 Steven's sister Leslee and her hubby Devin.
 The two best friends.
 He was VERY excited about the present. ha ha
 Kyla and Bailey opening their presents.
 After present opening!
 Super Grandma with my kids. Very cute!
After we opened presents at Steven's families house we went to mine, ate Lunch and opened more presents. It was really nice!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

It's fun reading what you guys have been up to. You are way more up to date than I am :)

Rachel said...

I love Korbin crying at Santa. Isn't that so funny how they will be all excited and then scared to death when they are actually seeing Santa. You should have taken a picture of Steven with the awesome quilt you made. Good for you for making your kids pjs. I have done that in some years past but it just wasn't happening this year.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!