Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ogden Marathon 5K

When I was working at the Sheriff's office they had a drawing for the Ogden Marathon spots. Some were 5K, Relay, even half marathon. The people chosen would get to do it for free :) So I decided to put my name in for the 5K and my name was chosen. Fast forward about 4 months and I realize that I will be running it by myself..meaning, none of my family or friends were doing it. I debated back and forth for quite sometime about whether I wanted to do it or not. Well, if you know me, I love me some free shirts.. and since I had a bet going with my sister in law Rachel, I thought I better not make excuses..I would get a new shirt and a great workout. So Saturday morning May 18th at 5am I woke up, got ready and headed to the finish line. We had to be to the bus by 5:45am, and the race was 6:45am. Of course the night before was an eventful night for us because Korbin was extremely sick, throwing up all over with high fevers.. and at about 3:30am I was sitting in a cold bath with him (well his feet) to try to cool him down. So I hadn't had much sleep. The weather was really crappy and by that I mean, it rained seriously 5 mins before we started running..in fact, it POURED! Luckily once you are drenched you don't really have to worry about getting wet anymore! haha So I ran the 5K and really wanted to get a decent time since all my other 5K's were terrible. The rain ended up feeling nice and the run was great. I enjoyed the path and I actually liked running by myself because it forced me to go as fast as I could. I was very impressed with myself and my ending time which was 32 mins. At the end of the race I got a few snacks and headed home. It was such a fun race and I am really glad I forced myself to do it! Now I have this awesome shirt to remind me of it.



1 comment:

Casandra said...

I am seriously impressed. You really do look good. Now you're giving me motivation to not just sit on my duff and wish I wasn't a fatty :)

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!