Sunday, May 2, 2010

Graduation


Well it is official, I have FINALLY graduated college! Wow that was such a long, exhausting, not fun road.. and hopefully one day I can say it was well worth it. This semester was pretty hard for me because I was dealing with morning sickness as well as 15 credit hours, and working full time. It was hard for me to find motivation to do homework especially when I felt so sick. Luckily the sickness went away about a month into the semester and my motivation slowly came back to where I could actually concentrate on school.
I decided to go to my graduation and walk, usually I am not into this and I don't like when all eyes are on me, but I had some family remind me that I probably would regret it if I didn't, so I went and they were right. I was very glad I went! I spent the morning with my parents and sister as we ate at the graduation luncheon and just sat and talked. After the luncheon was the graduation. The graduation was nice and short (1 hr and 10 mins) and then I got to see my family and see how proud they were of me. I was so amazed at all the love and support I had just at the graduation, let alone the people that weren't able to come. I really do have the two most amazing families! After a bunch of pictures we got the chance to go eat at the delicious Maddox, and boy was it DELICIOUS!
To end my exciting day Steven and I had the chance to go to the first home Jazz playoff game and it was a blast.
I am so excited to finally be done with school. I wish there were job opportunities right now so I could jump into the career that I want, but I am going to just patiently wait and hope that I can get into a teaching job in the next few years.
Thank you to all my family and friends who helped and supported me throughout my long college career!







5 comments:

Sara said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so proud and happy for you!

Natalie said...

Congrats! What a great milestone!!!

Steven said...

I'm very proud of you for how hard you worked to graduate. It's not easy, but you stuck to it!

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Way to go it was a long road for you. Congrats!!! Good luck with the baby!!!

Megan Shaw said...

Congratulation sister! So very proud!!! :o)

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!