Friday, August 5, 2011

So I am about ready to go crazy! This job I am at has reached its limits once again.  If you aren't aware of where I work, I work at the jail dealing with the public, scheduling visits, answering phones, and helping volunteers (church).  Some people when I tell them this think.. Ohh how fun..and others think.. Ohh how scary! Well it is neither of those. It is a job that doesn't take much thought and it is a job for a person with a lot of patience. It is a job that I get the pleasure of smelling alcohol and smoke all day, and of course dealing with the people that don't speak english!  Last night I about had it!  I try to keep an open mind with the public because almost all of them are white trash who never learned manners, but ya know..you can only put up with dumb people chewing you out for so long.  Last night I had a family come in to visit..which is fine..well they were here 30 mins early which lead them to sit in the lobby for 30 mins..so of course when that happens they seem to sit there and think of all these questions that they can come up to me with and ask one at a time.  Then they continue to get mad at me because of one reason or another. I inform them that those are the rules and there is nothing I can do.. well of course it is my fault! So I continue to get chewed out by them. They were angry that we were doing "count" (making sure all inmates are accounted for) and couldnt run to their very need.  It just makes me angry that people come and chew me out. I wasn't the one who made the bad choice, I wasnt the one who raped, killed, ran into, did drugs, stole, or abused anyone. I am just the person at the front relaying the messages from the high authorities.  I am sick of this job. I am sick of the hours, the people that  come to the window, and their attitudes that they all bring in. I am sick of the environment that I am because there are maybe 10 people out of 300 that are mormon so everyone just sits and talks about drinking and partying and getting tattoos. Well sorry, but I don't do any of those. I am sick of working in a place that doesn't make me happy and doesn't make me feel good when I leave.  I want a job that I feel fulfilled, like I made a difference in someones life.  Instead I have a job that makes me feel worthless.  Hopefully one day I can find a job that I can make a difference and I don't have to get yelled at every few minutes.  I just wonder when it will be.. I think this year alone I have turned in at least 25 applications to several places.  I feel like I have done great in the interviews, but I never get anything after that. I keep thinking that there is just a perfect job out there somewhere.. but where is it?
 Anyway, I just needed to vent and hopefully it will help me feel better and I can not hate my job so much.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sorry, that really sounds sucky. You will get there. Hang in there.

Natalie said...

WOW - I think I would feel the same way - that would take a ton of patience. Hope things get better :)

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!