Thursday, May 17, 2012

Aubree Aly Rounds

We are happy to announce the arrival of our new baby Aubree Aly.  She was born on May 5th, 2012 @ 1:02pm.  She was a chunky 10lbs 1oz and 21 inches long. 
 The induction went well this time and actually gives me hope that if I do want to have another kid that maybe it wont be as terrible as the 15 hr labor I had with Korbin.  With Aubree we went in at 8am on May 5th, the dr broke my water at 8:45am and by 12:30pm I was fully dilated.  We waited for the dr to come, gave two good pushes and Aubree was born at 1:02pm.
 It is amazing how different each labor can be.  My two experiences couldn't have been more different, but in the end I am always glad it is over and excited to have a healthy, happy baby in my arms.
 We had some awesome family support at the hospital as well as at home.  We are lucky enough to have both sides of our families be there and want to be involved in our special day.  Korbin got the chance to spend Saturday with his Grandma Rounds as well as Aunt Leslee and Cousin Makayla.  When Korb got to the hospital to see Aubree he just kind of looked at her, not sure what to think. 
 After the first night we were ready to come home. The beds are terrible and I didn't like being trapped in the room or being checked on every little while, so we decided to go home Sunday evening.  It was nice to be home and Korb didn't seem to mind the new little one we brought home with us.
 Now that the week or two has passed Korb knows who Aubree is, but he never seems to care that she is there, he just does his own thing and will occasionally go say hi to her.  He is also a big help with her, always putting the Binky back in her mouth or getting her blanket. He is just a sweet big brother and we are glad that he is transitioning so well.
 Aubree is doing well.. she has had a cold the past few days and I haven't liked that too much. She has had major boogies and lots of sneezes but she still sleeps and eats well so I think she will be just fine.  She isn't as good of a sleeper as I remember Korb being which is unfortunate, but she is a decent sleeper and I really can't complain.  She will wake up once a night usually around 3am, sometimes she will wake up twice and those are the nights I dread.  She will eat a good 3 ounces and need to burp.  It takes about 30 mins to get that all done and then we are usually back to bed.
 Everything else is going well. I only have about 6lbs left to lose and hopefully in another few weeks I can get to exercising again and playing some soccer. I have been itching to do anything besides sit on the couch, so I am excited to start moving again!
 Thank you to all our friends and family for the support with our new addition. We have had some delicious dinners brought to us that helps tremendously as well as presents for Korb and Aubree.



 The proud Mom and Dad with baby.
 There is the proof! 10 lbs!
Look at those chunky legs!!

Getting ready to go home.
And the final picture of me the night before she was born. Boy was I BIG! And I am extremely glad I don't look like that anymore!

1 comment:

Casandra said...

OH, this makes me want to some and steal her. She looks like a doll in the picture with you holding her.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!