Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Long long weeks.. Never Ending..

Well.. things have been pretty busy lately and yet, my life is so boring that its probably not even worth blogging.. but I will do it anyway! We have just been working and going to school.. we are liking our classes pretty well, everything we are taking is for our programs, so thats a plus. Besides those two things, we basically dont do anything else. We will usually come home.. do homework, eat dinner, and go to bed! Fun huh?
Things have been a little crappy for the Rounds family this past week.. Randy (Steven's Dad) has been really sick and got us pretty scared. Last Tuesday he went to the hospital because he was in some major pain, they sent him home saying it was Ulcers, so they didnt give him any drugs because the drugs would irritate the Ulcer. By Thursday night he was in so much pain that he went to the hospital again.. then the found the blood clots. So they kept him in the hospital all weekend watching the clots because they were waiting for the blood clots to break up. They were also doing tests to find out why he is getting them. Well of course they cant figure out why, so there are no answers there.. And thank goodness he is doing well enough that he came home on Monday and he was up and about a little bit tonight, he even made it to Steven and Ryan's basketball game. So we are extremely grateful that he is doing good and that he is alright! We don't like scares like that!!
Next Monday and Tuesday are our interviews to get into the Education Program. Im pretty scared about it and am just hoping and praying and crossing my fingers that we make it! I can't help but think that I dont have much chance because of my low GPA. They like you to have a 3.0 to get in, but they do accept people with lower GPA's.. so we are both going to try and hope that by some freek thing, that we get accepted! But like I said.. I dont expect to get in this time.. I hope to, but I dont expect it. I just figured it was worth a shot either way! Steven has a pretty good shot, he has a higher GPA and seems to do a lot better in interviews.. so Im hoping he does awesome and gets in!
I am completely loving this weather!! Awesome! I love the whole hoodie and blanket weather! I love laying in bed cuddling, and watching tv or a movie.. and oddly enough, I am starting to actually enjoy drinking hot chocolate! So I'm pretty excited that the temp. has cooled down a little bit!
My brother and Sis-in law are expecting their second child! I was hoping today that they would find out if its a boy or girl, but they were unable to tell! Dang! She is due March 14.. so still quite a ways away! But we are quite excited to have another lil Ryker around! I'm thinking it will probably be a little boy, but I will be quite excited for either one!
Well I think thats about it! I will try to have some better, more exciting stuff to tell ya next time!

4 comments:

Jenn's Notes said...

Sorry about Steven's dad! That sucks :( Good luck with your interviews!

Megan said...

Sorry Lyss, that's Jenn's notes comment was from me :)

Rachel said...

I hope your interview goes well tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you. -I also have been enjoying this beautiful weather. I hope it stays like this for awhile. (Also I had to comment on something you said on my blog. Of course I don't think your blog is boring because you don't always have pictures. silly girl!!!)

Megs said...

Good luck with the interviews! I wish it would cool down a bit more down here! Sorry we didn't do the tag thing. I started it, but then Gary had mentioned to me he doesn't like the tags, so I left it off. I actually think they seem like fun. Oh well.

Good luck!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!