Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My summer of craziness begins now!

As much as I would like to say I am happy it is summer.. I just cant get all the words out. Yes, I am happy it is May, and I am happy that I am one semester closer to graduating, but this summer only means one thing to me at the moment and it is this..CRAZY!! So I will apologize ahead of time for if I am negative in the next 3 months of blogging, or if I don't comment on your pages like I enjoy doing. Why is my life going to be crazy you ask?? Well let me just tell you! As you all know I work at the Weber County Jail (Kiesel) I work there full time and I enjoy it enough there. This past semester I was working full time, going to school full time, and I had 5 hrs of labs a week, besides making everyone in my family happy with seeing them enough. The semester ended last Friday and it feels AWESOME to have that done! I did really well and I seem to be surprising myself in what I can do and handle. I enjoyed my labs (Childrens school at Weber State) and I am looking forward to Student Teaching next semester with those cute kids. But enough about that.. Starting today will be the start of me having no life! I officially started my second job today at Creative Times Academy. I will be working there during the summer so I can complete a class I need for my major. I have to work 135 hrs during the semester. So here is a picture of me in the wonderful stained shirt!

So I will be working there 10 hrs a week and I dropped a few hours at the Jail so I will work a total of 46 hrs a week. Summer semester starts next Monday and I signed up for 14 credit hours. So if you add that all up.. it doesn't really equal out to anything fun!! So that is my summer life!
I have a ton of things to look forward to that will get me by this summer.. I am going to Yellowstone with my family and my sister Megan's friend Emily, she went on our last cruise with us and she is way fun! Steven wont be coming with us, so I am sad about that!! At the end of June is our annual Bear Lake trip.. My family and Steven's family goes up and we just spend a few days camping, playing games, and swimming! It is always fun! At the end of July we are going to visit my Dad's side of the family that we haven't seen in more then 6 years.. They live in Illinois, so my family (except my bro Trav and his family) is going to Nauvoo, the family reunion, six flags, the St. Louis Arch, and to Iowa to visit some of Megan's friends. So that will be an awesome trip! I'm extremely excited to go see the Nauvoo temple and actually get to go inside this time! YEAH! Then of course our long awaited for trip at the end of September on a cruise with Steven's family! Yes we LOVE cruises!! We are soooooooooooo excited for this and are counting down! We are going off of Los Angeles on a 8 day cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. Fun fun time that will be. So as you can see I have plenty to look forward to.. its just getting there is the hard part!
Everything else is going well for us.. we are getting our garden ready for the summer and hopefully we have some better luck then last year.. if you don't remember.. I blogged about it every week! So hopefully we will get some good veggies this year!
Well that's it for now! I hope your summer is nice and relaxing.. I'll try not to be jealous!

Steven and I at the sad Jazz Playoff game.

6 comments:

Rants Of Rian said...

I am sorry you are going to be so busyt in the up coming months Lyss.. Try and keep your eye on the prize.
Miss ya lady:)

Steven said...

I will help you as much as I can. Just keep working hard and before you know it you'll be done with another semester. I'm proud of you!

Megs said...

Sounds like it is going to crazy busy for you! The worst is when it is summer and you can't really enjoy it like you would like because you have school on your mind even when you have work off for vacations etc. That's how its been for me for the last few summers. It sounds like school is going well though. Keep up the good work and you'll get there. Then you won't know what to do with yourself because you will actually have time!

Kariann said...

I'm so sorry your summer is going to be so busy and stressful!! I do not envy you one bit!! I know you will survive and be awesome through all of it though!! :) Can't wait to hear about your garden...I love garden fresh veggies!!

Rachel said...

Good luck with this summer. I know it is going to be rough. Hopefully you can escape long enough to go swimming some and have an occasional scrapbook night to blow off some stress. Hang in there.

Natalie said...

I can't believe you guys are only one semester from graduating. Yeah for you!!!! Hope you get some R&R in between school sessions!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!