Monday, April 27, 2009

MAN FRIDGE

While I was serving my mission in Seattle Washington I saw a lot of really cool stuff. I rode around in a very old Model T. Ford that belonged to a member of the ward I was serving in. I walked around in the neighborhood where Bill Gates lived. All the houses had gates and some even had guards standing out front at all hours of the day and night.
There are other cool things I saw and did but that's not what this post is about. This post is about..... the MAN FRIDGE! I'm sure many of you are starting to think about what a "Man Fridge" could be. Well I'm going to tell you.
Me and some other missionaries in my area were asked to do a service project for some members in our zone. This guy honestly had a mountain of dirt on his front driveway. He had a big back yard that needed to be covered evenly with this dirt so he could reseed his lawn. This backyard was reletively flat, but around the outside edge it was steep. The only way to get that dirt to the back was to take it one wheel barrow at a time! So we had people load it, and others wheel it back and dump it. Then another group of people spread it around the back lawn. It was kinda fun at first, but a few hours into it I was feeling so tired. We were all worn out but had to keep going to get it done. The only thing that got me through this ordeal was the MAN FRIDGE!
About an hour into this project the owner of the house stopped us and took us into his garage. He opened up this fridge to show us the glory inside. This fridge LITERALLY had every drink you could imagine. You name a drink and he had it in that fridge. A&W Cream soda in a bottle, Jones soda, Any kind of Coke or Pepsi product in a can, expensive brands of soda in bottles. The entire fridge was full of nothing but drinks. No food, no vegies, and no leftovers. This guy had dubbed it "The Man Fridge." I imediately thought to myself... "I WILL have a man fridge someday." The freezer section had man treats in it. Fat boyz, Ice creams, drumsticks, and any other frozen dessert you can think of.
So now it's been about 4-5 years since I first laid eyes on that fridge and the dream is still alive. I WILL have a man fridge. I have talked to Alyssa and she's on board with the idea (in theory). One day you'll all come to my house to watch a game and you'll help yourself to the Man Fridge. It'll bring joy to your hearts!

5 comments:

Lettie B. said...

I love it! Maybe Nate needs one of those too.

Alyssa said...

Yes, I surely am on board! I am just as excited to have a fridge full of pop as you are!

Casandra said...

This is sooo you! I'm surprised you had to see one in order to come up with the idea--this sounds like something you would dream up on your own. But one day I will come to your house and help myself to your man fridge.

Brittany said...

Haha I am sure my fiance needs one of these too! Just don't enlighten him yet ha

Rachel said...

I would LOVE a man fridge even thought I'm a chick. Ryan and I have talked about having a mini fridge similiar to that one, but theirs sounded much cooler. That's it, Ryan and I will have a man fridge too some day.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!