Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our 2009 Garden!

Well just like last year I have taken pictures of the beginning product of our garden and I will continue to post pictures of our garden as it grows! So sorry if you aren't too interested in this stuff, but we just get really excited if we grow anything!
This year looks more promising then last year.. but I guess you never know how it will turn out!! This year I have planted 10.. yes 10 tomato plants. What happened was I bought two cherry tomato plants and my mom bought 8 regular tomato plants and she decided to give them to me.. so now I have 10 plants!! OH MAN WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO!?! Last year we had five and we had soo many tomatoes that I couldn't pick them all in time before they would be too ripe! Sad story! Well Im sure this year will be the same thing.. so if you guys want any tomatoes let me know! Besides the tomato plants we also have cucumbers (hopefully!) and then we have planted a cantaloupe and a watermelon plant. And this year as a first we have decided to plant string beans.. That one was a bit random, but I am proud to say that we have already made progress with our garden!! Check these pictures out!!

Our cantaloupe plant!

Our watermelon plant.

My tiny cucumber plant that just sprouted yesterday.

One of the string bean plants that just sprouted that much in one day!!

The other string bean plant! Im so proud of them!!

These are my 10 tomato plants.. some of them look dead because my mom didn't give them to me until they were dying! They will be ok though!

The other tomato plants!!

7 comments:

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

How fun! I hope all of your plants turn out the way you want at the end of the season. =)

Natalie said...

Way to go on the garden - my tomato plants are still in the package - ha ha

Kariann said...

I might be taking some of your tomatoes...I wasn't able to plant any this year!! But I will probably have zucchini coming out of my ears!! We'll trade!! lol Gardening is fun and I never thought I would say that!! :)

Brianne said...

It looks awesome! I wish I could have a garden...but living in an apartment kind of limits it. Good luck to your plants!

Rachel said...

Way to go on the garden. This is our slowest garden planting year ever!!!

Casandra said...

I'm all over your tomatoes!

Steven said...

Tomatoes are poo!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!