Thursday, June 4, 2009

OLD MEN!

For those that don't know... I work at America First Credit Union as a "Loan Interviewer." I do auto loans, personal loans, an occastional home equity loan, credit cards ect.
This time of year a lot of people are coming in to get a motorcycle loan or other outdoorsy vehicle. The other day an 81 year old man came in to finish up his motorcycle loan. He sat down and said "I can't get a motorcycle because I'm too old to get my leg over the bike." This guy really looked sad and I felt bad for him. Then he said "I can't have a motorcycle, but I can have a scooter!" So he ended up finding a scooter that he can get onto real easy.
Then the same day I read an article in the news about an 83 year old war vet that has been working on his bucket list. It's his list of things he wants to do before he dies. The photos on the article show him going sky diving. The picture of him landing was great, he was grinning from ear to ear!

I hope that I can continue to do new and exciting things when I'm older. I always tell Alyssa I'm losing a step with sports, and I'm scared that I won't be able to play anymore. I think these older gents have helped me to realized that the only thing that will stop me from having fun and being active is ME! Or if God decides to strike me with some disabling disease. HAHA! Even then I'll always be able to find things to enjoy.

3 comments:

Sarah Rambles said...

Thanks for the story Lyssa... I'm having a bad week and wishing that I had a new body, but that just made me so much happier.

Thanks love *hugs*

Rachel said...

Just think, we can play indoor soccer as long as we went. We can all be in our 50s and keep playing if we want. :) I have actually made my "bucket list" and decided I needed to work toward at least one a year. That is sort of why I ran my 1/2 marathon and why I want to go parasailing. You are the type of person that will always keep living strong, steve. :) BTW-That was a cute, old man story. :)

Alyssa said...

Babe, we will always do fun things, no matter if we are too old or not!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!