Monday, July 13, 2009

CARS & DRIVING

So I was just sitting here and the Bass from a car outside the building was rattling the windows. Got me thinking about all the dumb things about cars and the people who drive them. I will warn anyone who is a "car lover" or a crappy driver, or people who are easily offended to stop reading this post now.
I enjoy music and I even enjoy a nice sound system with Bass, but when the Bass is so overwhelmingly loud that you can no longer hear the singing... it's too much. What's the point? You can't hear the singing, you can't hear any other instruments.
Souped up pieces of garbage make me laugh. Why did you spend thousands of dollars to "pimp out" your 1996 Honda Accord that isn't worth $2500. The lowered car with the tires sticking out 8 inches on both sides with the blue lights. Then throw a fat spoiler on there that's made for a monster truck and you're good to go! The only thing missing is the crappy muffler that makes the car sound "tough" and "fast" even though everybody knows it's not either. Drive up and down neighborhoods with the windows down and bump that crappy bass so everybody can hear how cool you are.

I have also come to conclude that MOST people are terrible drivers! It's scary out there. I drive five minutes to work and back every day and I run across crappy drivers every day. You would think I could drive ten minutes without coming across a bad driver, but it's rare. The nice thing about a car is all the SWEET features. You know.... Blinkers. That lets people know what you're about to do. That way you don't have to just force your way across five lines unexpectedly. And the blinkers are so easy to use. You can just push that little lever up or down with ONE finger! Most people don't use them though. It's not hard to do, and it makes everybody else's drive that much easier.

I don't understand how 98% of people can't make a proper left turn. It baffles me! There are usually two lanes involved in a left turn. The first (and closest) lane is designed for people turning left at a light! The other lane is perfect for those people making a right turn onto the same streat. That way BOTH lanes can be used to keep the flow of traffic moving. But alas... most people turn across the first lane and head right into the second (far) lane. Which makes it impossible for the right turn cars to go.

Sorry that was a lot to come out just because of a little bass outside.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I also think those super pimp cars are pretty lame. They just want attention. -Ryan thinks that all drivers that aren't him are bad drivers. So he is with you on that one. ha ha ha

Casandra said...

I have to laugh! Dan and I were talking about this very thing today.

Kariann said...

I really couldn't agree more with everything you just said!! Thanks for the laugh!!:)

Brittany said...

Haha I just had to laugh at this! Bass is so pointless! But what better way to show off how bad your car rattles. I gotta admit I love my car but not enough to put a horrible sounding muffler on it or noisy system. Good post.

Megan said...

*sigh* I'm a really bad driver :(

Megan Shaw said...

Steven... I agree... yet again! The blinker thing REALLY gets me though... WHY can't people use their blinker, it's probably the easiest thing to do while driving!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!