Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Familes are Forever


The Shaw Family at our wedding. Missing-Ryker and Jaxson

The Rounds Family. Missing-Bailey, Dalin, Kyla, and Braden

So the past few weeks I have been spending more and more time with my family and Steven's family. We always spend a good amount of time with each family, but during the summers we tend to do a lot more. By spending all this time with our families it makes me more grateful for what I have. I am one of those extremely lucky people that married into a family that was just as great as my family. They have the same values, goals, and even like the same things. Not many people can say that, and I really feel so grateful that I can.
The past few years I have had a chance to get to know my in laws more and the more I learn, the more happy I am, the more grateful I am, and the more I feel like part of the family. I am lucky to have one of my best friends as a sister in law and I really do feel like I could tell her anything. And once again, not many people can say that. I think that Steven has a blast with my family and thinks of my family as his.
I always think of how grateful I am to not only have Steven's great family in my life, but Steven.. and for more then one reason! Ever since Steven started coming over to my parents house I have seen more and more of my brother. My brother loves the family but he is such a busy guy that sometimes he forgets that we are fun too! Since Steven showed up he has started coming over a lot more often, I think of them as really good friends and they have a blast when they hang out. It has been such a transition to see both of our families grow closer as the years go by. We have some pretty amazing traditions that I feel spoiled to be a part of! So this blog is to thank my families for being the best!! Nothing makes me happier then knowing that my family is forever!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's so awesome! What a blessing to have such great families :)

Casandra said...

Yeah, I know, I'm awsome. But, seriously we're very glad you married Steven because you make him happy and you're a perfect fit.

Steven said...

We are very lucky for sure! I love your family like my own. It's nice to have everybody so close by.

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

Sigh. I'm jealous. No worries. I'll find my eternal companion some day. Hopefully soon. But probably not until I'm at least 25 or something ridiculous.

Rachel said...

Awwww. That was a cute post. I also feel lucky that I not only don't hate my in-laws, but love them. Not a lot of people could say that. We have a lot of fun together.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!