Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SCHOOL

Back to school.... back to school.... to prove to my dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up... by boots tied tight... I hope I don't get in a fight.

That's right. Many of you know that school has begun. It's quite unfortuneate. I have made a decision in my mind that I'm not going to complain about school this semester. As much. I'm lucky I have the means to go, and more school means less school later on. So I'm going to just go and do what I have to do
I have been to my classes and they seem alright. I have two classes from Dr. Carboni, which is great because I've had him for 3 other classes before and it's usually pretty fun. Not a TON of homework. There are always one or two pretty tough assignements that stress me out, but better than most teachers.
My other class that I have on Tuesdays and Thursdays is sweet! It's called "Lifetime Leisure Activities." The class consists of different sports that a person can do throughout their life. Not team sports because a majority of people don't participate in team sports after high school. So I will be learning: Juggling, Curling, Hiking, Ice Skating, Unicycling (yea that's right), rock climbing, cross-country skiing (probably just talk about it since there won't be snow in time), Frisbee, Snorkling/SCUBA, boomarang, and more! Now what's better than that? I think I might have just crapped my pants talking about it.
The great thing is that participation is worth 50% of your grade. "Dr. Fun" was explaining that if we missed days we were SOL because there was no way to make up the stuff we were doing. There's not really any assignments per se. I was stressing because I'm going on a cruise Sep 26th-Oct 3rd! As I was starting to sweat the situation "Dr. Fun" says: "You'll notice there's no class from Sep 24th-Oct 10th because I'm going on a cruise." So I won't have to miss any days in that class. Problem solved!
"Dr. Fun" gets to go on this cruise and write it off on his taxes as "research" for his P.E. profession. That's a pretty good deal. He's got a pretty awesome job. I'm excited because one day I'll have a sweet job where I get to play. So bring on the school! I gotta get done.

3 comments:

Curious said...

AWESOME luck!!! that's great!!

Casandra said...

Well, I hope there's that kind of light at the end of my tunnel. I'm not a fan of school, although I love to learn. My problem is that I still don't know if Family Studies is what I want to major in. But I'm not turning back now....again. Stick to one thing and get it done.

Rachel said...

I still can't get over the fact that that lifetime leisure activities is a real class. That should be super fun. All I wanted to do when I was little was learn to juggle. Anywho. Have fun.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!