Wednesday, November 18, 2009

People and their manners!.. or lack there of.

So as most of you know I work at the Weber County Jail. I sit at the front window answering phones, helping customers (usually family putting money on inmates accounts), etc. As you can imagine, I unfortunately do not get to deal with the good of the community, instead I deal with the non-educated parents who barely speak english. Most of the time I am pretty good at staying positive and being nice to these people, but the past few weeks I have been soo sick of these stupid people. It would be one story if they were just un-educated and just didn't know, but you add on attitudes and rudeness and the smell, that is what I deal with daily. I decided today that I am extremely glad that I do not have to work here forever. I hate dealing with these people because they are so rude all of the time. My favorite thing is that these family members are pissed off at me because their family member is in jail, like I put them in jail and I committed the crime! They get mad at me because we aren't allowed to pass messages to the inmates.. can you imagine 900 inmates getting messages taken from me and a few others all day every day, I mean come on!
Today I had a guy come talk to me about his friend, he was okay at first until I told him that he couldnt see the inmate until it was his visiting time. He got mad and said this place is stupid and stormed off. Really? What do you expect when you go to jail?! I have people daily hang up on me because I am not allowed to give out release dates.. How immature do you have to be to just hang up on someone who kindly answered the phone and spoke to you?
We are such an inconvieniance here at the jail, and these inmates never committed the crime. Right!
But my favorite thing about these customers is this... and I am not exactly sure how they do it but.. EVERY SINGLE person that comes into the lobby and comes up to my window smells like they just showered themself in smoke. How is it possible to smell soo bad all the time? Don't they take a shower..ever?
So that is my job, hopefully for just a little bit longer and I can finally do what I want to do. I can finally have a job where I look forward to it and have some type of satisfaction that I am doing good in the world!

4 comments:

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

That sounds awful! I don't know how you put up with that all the time. People are so inconsiderate of others and only think of themselves. It is nice that you do have a job to look forward to in the near future. Good luck finding a teaching position.

Steven said...

HA HA! Smelly people are funny.

Rachel said...

I'm sure you run into a lot of yucky people. One of Ryan's reasons for quitting America First at the Stop and Shop branch was for all the smelly people that came in and stuck their armpits in his face. No Fun.

Little Lovables said...

bitter, rude, smelly people... I'd want another job too!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!