Monday, December 21, 2009

JIMMY

Four Decembers ago Alyssa and I were dating exclusively. We had already talked about getting married. Her parents expected me to give her a ring any day (and so did she) despite the fact that we had only dated a short time. It was just one of those things that fit together. We knew we'd be getting married so we made the natural choice and did what....... We bought a DOG! We bought a miniture (Italian) Greyhound for $250. I always told Alyssa I wanted a smaller dog that could just sit on your lap comfortably. Not one of those massive dogs that eats more than a human being does and REALLY destroys things if he gets out of control. My only other request was that our dog was active and enjoyed playing. I didn't want a bum-for-a-dog that just lays around all day and gets up when it's time to eat! I wanted a fun dog.

Alyssa was looking around a bit and found out that some people she knew had Mini greyhound puppies so we went over to look at them. When I saw the dad dog my first thought was: "What the crap is this thing! That looks like a giraffe and rat mix." (Steven's thoughts speaking)

Of course the puppies were cute, but almost all baby animals are cute so I couldn't put too much weight into that! We took a chance on a hideous breed and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. We named our dog Jimmy, which fits him perfectly!

He's pretty small for his breed. He's a very active dog. Almost TOO active. He always wants to play with his squeek toys. Luckily he doesn't chew up furniture, clothes, shoes, or anything else like that. He sticks to his toys. Every day when I get home Jimmy will run and find his ball and roll it at my feet with his tail wagging 100 MPH!


Most kids adore Jimmy. They love watching him run around the yard. He doesn't have kids around him too often so he's not really kid safe just yet, but I suppose he'll have to learn some day. He's generally a good dog and I have a lot of fond memories of him already. Maybe I can convince Alyssa to put some pictures of him on here for those of you that haven't seen him. So those are just a few facts about our little dog Jimmy! Jimboy! Jimbo! Jim! Jimmy dean! Jimster! Jim-Bob!

No comments:

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!