Thursday, December 10, 2009

School & the Holidays

Well I've survived yet another semester at Weber State University.... I think!
Grades aren't out for another week or so but I think I passed my classes. The only class I question is my Red Cross Certification. I only got a 78.5% on my final, which could be a problem. The teacher has been telling us we can't get under 80% on any Red Cross test or we wouldn't reveive our certification. So Unless there was a throw out question I may be NOSE JOBBED! For those of you who aren't familiar with "nose jobs," it's just safe to say it's not a good thing. Just think about it for a minute.... If you have to get a nose job that's not a good situation. You've either broken your nose so severely that it required a surgical procedure, you're shallow and don't accept the nose you have, or you honestly have such a rhinocerous of a nose that it needed surgery. All BAD things. Right? So getting back tot he point, I hope I don't get nose jobbed on my Red Cross Certification because I don't want to have to take a class over again due to one question.
My other three classes should be fine, unless I get zero percent on my finals, which is quite impossible.

I talked to my couselor last week and I guess I still have two years left. I think the last time I talked to her was about 18 months ago and I had about two years left back then! So I guess I'll just keep going to school, with plans of graduating in two years. Apparently I've got two more semesters of classes and then I have my program classes or "levels," which consist of teaching classes and then student teaching! We also have what's called senior seminar in the Physical Education program. During that semester we'll go to a Jr. High or High School and be an "assistant" teacher. I'll be there for the classes and observe the real teacher in the classes, but from what I've heard I'll basically be teaching the class. So that will be some good experience if I ever get that far.

Christmas is just a few weeks away. My level of excitement is disappointing to say the least. I'm excited to give Alyssa her gifts and stocking, but aside from that Christmas has become a shell of what it used to be. I'm in the middle ground in life where it's lost some luster. Don't see much of my family, don't have kids to buy gifts for, we rush from one place to another in attempts to see everybody. I just wonder where the FUN went. I suppose if we ever decide to have kids that will change and I'll be excited to see their excitement! We do have a little after Christmas trip I'm looking forward to. The whole family should be there and we're going to do some sledding and play some games! Hopefully there's a low dose of drama and a high dose of fun.
I should probably just focus on the true meaning of Christmas, and be thankful for the many things I do have.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Yay, we made it another semester!! Sorry you feel like Christmas isn't fun anymore.. I still really enjoy it, but I understand what you are saying.. maybe when we have kiddo's the excitement will be back! That will be fun!

Casandra said...

As far as school goes, just keep going, you'll never regret it. Push until you're through, or you'll end up like me and that's not a good place to be. Christmas does get its luster back so don't worry. I got in that phase of life where it didn't seem exciting anymore and the old traditions didn't happen because of other obligations with Dan's family and stuff, but it comes back.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you made it through school. School is hard. :( Although I was a little confused by your "nose job" comment. Wouldn't a nose job be making an improvement on something that needs fixing? ;) -I'm sad that you aren't exciting about Christmas. I always love it, even when it was just Ryan and I. -My family was feeling very chaotic on Christmas so we all got on the same schedule and have enjoyed it more now because once we get together, we have no where to go and can just relax, and we get plenty of time with the Rounds all morning and early afternoon. You guys will figure out what works for you. -Oh, and maybe buying me a present would make you feel more Christmasy inside. :)

Steven said...

Rachel I'm glad you finally understand "nost job." Something needs fixing and that's not good!
Compare it to "boob job" or "hip replacement" or "knee reconstruction!"
None of those are good or exciting things! It means you're flat as a pancake, have no confidence, or your body is messed up! All bad things to have. Thanks for helping me clear the air.

Megan said...

LOVE the pic. at the top of your blog! Good luck with school. And Christmas is tons better when you have kids, so get busy!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!