Monday, October 4, 2010

Why oh why?


So the past week or so Korbin has decided to cry hysterically at anything that is not in the norm. And well the norm only consists of me and Steven and our house..which makes it about impossible to go anywhere or do anything. I am not sure what caused this problem or maybe if it is just coincidence that it keeps happening, but all I know is that I don't like it. Lets back up.. 2 weeks ago we decided we would be brave and take a 10 week old to a ReAl soccer game. We didn't think it would be much of a problem since we have seen smaller babies there before and since Korbin is such a good little baby. Well..he decided that the noise was too much (which is understandable) and had a rough time there. I finally got him to sleep in the second half and we were able to watch the whole game, but it was with a fight! Now Korbin is scared to death of buzzers or loud noises. Yay for us since we go to 2 games a week (soccer and basketball). Last Monday Steven's mom was kind enough to watch Korbin and his cousin Makayla while all of us played indoor soccer. I assumed he would be good, but I was wrong. He cried the entire hour. I was completely unaware that he was crying or I would have left the game so Sylvia (Steven's mom) wouldn't have to deal with a screaming baby for a full hour. Did I mention that when Korbin cries it isn't just a whimper..its a full blown scream, red face, blow your ear drums out kind of cry. So after that game I felt really bad that Sylvia had to deal with that. Wednesday was Steven's basketball game..that went better then soccer, he still cried when the buzzers went off but he seemed to calm down right after that. I am thinking it was because I was there to soothe him. Then Saturday rolls around and it is our good friends wedding. Of course we didn't take him to the whole ceremony, but we did go get him for the reception. Syliva watched him during the ceremony and she said he did really well..no crying, just hanging out. THANK GOODNESS! So right before we left we fed him and we were on our way. Well we right when we get to the reception he starts crying. I dont know if its the new surrounding or the tons of people or if he was just grumpy. So I got him to sleep and he slept for a little while. Then he woke up and would not stop screaming..he hated when people he knew very well tried to talk to him. And then Sunday we took him to my parents and he just basically cried the whole time we were over there. But after we got him to sleep, he slept for about 3 hrs and then the rest of the night he was very happy.
It is so weird because he is the perfect baby at home..sleeps awesome, eats good, plays, and only cries when he is really hungry, but every once in awhile he will get in that mood and just absolutely be hysterical! The only things I can think of for this to be happening are these reasons.. 1- he could just be really tired and things upset him more when he is tired or 2- he has stranger anxiety and does not like new places or people.
So does anyone have any tips, suggestions, or why he is doing this? I don't want him to be doing this forever and I really can't handle the stares I get..man people are so rude! Hello?! Don't you think I am trying to stop his crying?
I would like to be able to go out places and not be scared that he is going to freak out, but I also can't just chill at home all the time or he would never get used to it. Plus I am going back to work in less than a month and no one will want to watch a kid that screams for 8 straight hours.
Well that is it..hopefully things will get better with this soon!

2 comments:

Casandra said...

You know Dalin was very much that way. Loved home and mommy and daddy, but not much else. We would go to my parents house and he would scream bloody murder if anyone else held him. Any loud noise scared him out of his mind and he would scream. Basketball games were hard because the wistle and buzzer always freaked him out. He hated the vacuum, toys that were too loud, and anything else he wasn't used to. But don't worry when people stare. Who cares what they think. The best thing I could think of to do is do your best to soothe him and try to distract him with something else. I would have to talk to him, sing to him, or walk with him. But it was all a phase and it passed. So I don't think it will last forever. If you ever need a babysitter for games or whatever I'm usually always home in the evenings.

Rachel said...

If it makes you feel better at all, everyone has been there. I used to get really stressed when I would be in a store and one of my babies would be freaking out. I learned to just do my best and try to ignore those people that either don't have kids or don't remember what it was like to have kids. Hang in there, it might just be a phase.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!