Saturday, December 11, 2010

Life Update

I managed to scrape through another semester of school. I've never been the kind of person that does well in school, mostly because of my effort. I've never been able to just sit and study and retain much of the information. My mind will wander to something else and before I realize it I've sat and "studied" for 45 minutes and nothing has been accomplished. So this last semester studying was at a minimum. Luckily I'm at the point in my schooling that most classes don't require a bunch of studying. Just getting assignments done and turned in on time. As long as I'm passing all my classes that's all I really care about right now, so I consider this semester a success. Now I get 3 weeks off and it's back to the grind in January for Spring semester.
My next semester is going to be really tough. I will go teach at a Jr. High from 8-9 every morning. Then go to classes until about 11:00 or 12:00, and then work for the rest of the day until 6:15. I won't have any time for a lunch in there because I've got to get straight from point A to B to C quickly. I've been working Monday through Saturday to get my full 40 hours at work, and it looks like I'm going to have to continue to do that for another year at least. Is it too early to say I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!! I just hope I don't crack and go psycho or something because it really does put me to my witts end sometimes.

Korbin is getting big. Alyssa has been posting his stats on this blog and it blows me away how fast he's been growing. He's a good little boy and seems to be happy most of the time. We started out a little rough because he would cry a lot. I understand he's a baby, but he was a cryer at first... even by baby standards. Now he's leveled off and only crys when he's hungry or tired, which I can handle.
Korbin and I get our bonding time on Friday nights because Alyssa works. He is a really attentive baby so I'll walk him around the house and let him look at things and touch them. He loves to watch football on TV. You may be thinking to yourself.... "self, I'm sure Korbin doesn't really know what football is," but he really does like it. His eyes are glued to the TV whenever football is on. I'm pretty sure his favorite team is the Buffalo Bills, just like his Dad. Too bad we don't ever get to see them play.
Korbin has a big smile. He smiles a lot and his mouth gets really wide and his little tounge just polks out. I have also noticed that he is starting to like Jimmy (our dog) a lot more. If Korbin gets fussy I usually stand up with him and kick Jimmy's toy. Jimmy will pick it up and run around the house with it and Korbin just stares at him. Yesterday was Friday so we were sharing some Male bonding time while Alyssa was at work. Korbin and I were on the couch and I called Jimmy over so Korbin could see him. Jimmy was sitting next to us and Korbin would lean over and put his hands on Jimmy and feel his fur. Jimmy is good to just sit there and even licked Korbin's face a few times. I see them being really good friends in a few years. I just hope Jimbo isn't too old by the time Korbin can play with him.
Christmas is coming and it's going to be more fun having Korb around even though he doesn't really get it yet. True to form I haven't shopped at all. Money is limited this year so we're trying to tone it back a little bit. The problem with that is Alyssa and I have a totally different view of "toning it back." Usually I end up with 10 gifts and a bag full of treats because it didn't all fit in my stocking. And Alyssa ends up with 2-3 gifts and a stocking without the extra treat bag. I always feel bad but Alyssa likes giving so I can't hate on that too much. I'm just happy we have our little family and we're all healthy and doing well. It's been a really good year.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I was wondering the other day how your schooling was going because I hadn't heard you talk much about it all semester. I'm glad it went okay. -I remembering thinking it was fun when my girls started to pay attention to our pets and liking them, that is fun. -having kids does make all holidays more fun, even when they are too little to know better.

Alyssa said...

Nice blog sweeite :) I am glad you and Korbin have your male bonding time, too bad I have to be at work while it is happening! I am glad your semester is over! Good job and you are almost done! Love you!

Casandra said...

I struggle with school too. I could've gone this last semester, but it just seemed like too much to handle at once. It's hard to enjoy school when you have a million other things that you want to do, like spend time with your wife and kid or watch the latest Jazz game. Press on, one day it will be well worth it. Better than working at America First the rest of your life, right?

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!