Friday, May 20, 2011

Im done!

Well I have officially hit the wall of searching for a new job.  Over the past year I have been looking DAILY for any type of job that is in the schools.  I haven't been picky at all, just hoping to get my foot in the door somewhere, anywhere.  Well I thought that I would have some good attributes since I have my degree and I have a good work ethic.  I guess I was wrong.  The past year I have been to over 15 job interviews and I haven't got any of them.  Here is a question.. how on earth does a person (I wont list her name) get a job in a school with no experience, no real goals, and terrible work eithic, and yet I cant get ONE offer for a job.  I dont feel like I am going above my range and I dont feel like I am picky.  So either I interview really really bad (which could easily be the case), or I have the worst luck in the world (which also could be the case).  I dont know what to do.  I am so exhausted from looking for jobs, going to interviews, and hoping they call me.  I think I will just be at my crappy going nowhere job for the rest of my life because I am done looking for a job and I am done hoping that there is a job out there for me.
 This last job that I interviewed for looked pretty nice.. it was a comp lab teacher where I would help kids with the computer.  It was awesome hours and I had above the qualifications for it.  I even had an amazing connection.  The interview I thought went really well. I had them laughing and joking with me, and then they all seemed impressed with me, or so I thought.
 Well as you can guess.. I didnt get the job.  I just dont feel like I am asking too much to get a job doing something in the schools. I dunno what to think anymore.. my confidence is shattered and Im exhausted.

2 comments:

Steven said...

I believe you will get a job when you are supposed to get a job. Just keep trying and eventually you'll get the job for you.

Melinda said...

Sometimes it's about who you know, not what you know. Good luck with the search!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!