Saturday, May 28, 2011

What has been going on lately?

Well I thought I would do a little update on our family and what is new, old, and just entertaining.  I usually just blog on Korbin and his updates so I thought as I was sitting here at work I should blog about all of us.  About a month ago I was entered into a drawing because I did this fitness thing at work and I won a 3 month membership to Golds Gym! Note: before this I had NEVER won ANYTHING... like the only time I ever won was when every person won, so I would get a bar of chocolate or something gay like that. Anyway, I thought that was exciting!  Then about 2 weeks ago I entered a drawing on KSL and I won again! It must have been my lucky month! So I won 8 tickets to this motorsports thing in Tooele this weekend.  Well I work all weekend and didn't really want to find a babysitter for that so I decided to sell the tickets.  I got $220 out of the tickets (now I wish I would have sold them for more!)..and as I was thinking about what I wanted to spend this random $220 I realized I knew exactly what I wanted.. what was it you ask?? A king size bed! ha ha.. Lately Korb has been getting teeth so he has only wanted to sleep with us which makes the bed SUPER crowded.  So anyway I found a used king bed on KSL for $100 (no headboard) and then I decided I wanted a memory foam on it as well so I found a lady selling new memory foam for $25 (4inches).. so needless to say.. I got the king bed and the memory foam (8 inches of it!) and we slept awesome last night!  It looks quite funny because the bed is about a foot higher than the other furniture, but man I felt like I was sleeping in the clouds!  And I didnt even know Steven was in bed with me.  So I was impressed with my findings and winnings and I am proud to say that I actually have won something cool!
 Steven is done with school for the summer.  This was by far the hardest semester for him.. he had to do such ridiculous things and it took soo much time out of his week. So we are all happy he is done with it and passed.  Next semester he starts his level and then next Spring (2012) he will finally graduate!! Yay!
 I am still working at the Weber County Jail and I work part time.  Working part time and hurt us money wise, but it has been soooo nice being home with Korb that it makes not having money all worth it. :)
 Our little doggie Jimmy died a few weeks ago when we were on vacation.  He got out of our backyard and got hit by a car.  We didn't find out until we got home a week later that he died, and we were glad no one told us until then.  It is very quiet now at home and the crumbs on the floor dont seem to clean themselves up anymore.  Korb loved his little doggie and loved watching him run around.  Maybe one day we will get another dog, but not for a very long time.
 We are getting excited for the nice weather to show up, we have some fun plans! We are going to spend the summer at Raging Waters, Raymonds pool, The Tree house, our backyard, at drive ins, camping, golfing, and anything else we can think of.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Nothing like a nice comfortable bed. Way to go on all the winnings and great trade-ups. You've got a good thing going.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!