Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas time!

I realize that Christmas is still a few weeks off, but the closer it gets the more I think about all the fun times. There are so many things that are fun around the holidays so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things about Christmas time.

1- School will be out in a week and that's enough to change my mood just by itself. Next Wednesday I will take my last final and then I'll be done with yet another stress-filled semester at Weber Rape University. I just hope that I pass all my classes so I don't have to take any of them over again. Also, if I get a 3.0 or better I'll be allowed into the Education Department without having to interview or write another andmission paper. So I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping everything goes smoothly. Either way I get a break and I'll be sure to spend it watching Christmas movies, playing games, and being around family more.

2- Christmas decorations is another aspect of Christmas that I really enjoy. Alyssa and I both love just sitting in the living room and staring at the Christmas tree. There's something relaxing about a Christmas tree and I can't explain it. It will be fun to see a few presents stacked under the tree and the excitement will build. Hopefully this year Jimmy is mature enough and well behaved enough to know NOT to urinate all over the presents. The last two years we've had to rewrap gifts because Jimmy can't control himself. All those new scents in the house just drive him crazy I guess. Dumb dog!

3- Christmas day is the best day of the year. It's fun to watch everybody open their presents and people are smiling all day for the most part. I love playing games and just relaxing and having a good time and Christmas is the best day to do that! It's even better if it snows that day. Something about snow on Christmas day just adds to the feel. Of course last year there was so much snow we almost wrecked and slid off the road on the way to Alyssa's parent's house. Luckily I was able to avoid the car in front of us and miss the curb. Usually snow is great on Christmas Day.

4- My family has an after Christmas tradition and it's a lot of fun. We always take a little trip for a few days right after Christmas and it's so much fun. It started out going to camp Lamondi and it's progressed from there. A few of the trips include: Crystal Hot Springs, Camp Lamondi, Snow Mobiling in Yellowstone (I missed that one due to a mission... sad I know), Renting a nice cabin and Snowmobiling Wolf Creek area, Lava Hot Springs. And this year we're going to Lava Hot Springs again because we all enjoyed that last year. There's a little school that's been turned into a hotelish thing and we stay there. It has a gym and kitchen so it's a blast. My Grandma Doris Rounds is generous and pays for a lot of these trips so that's awesome of her. This is a tradition I hope we keep going.

There are some extra stresses that come along with the holidays. Like trying to keep the time spent at each family as even as possible. Trying not to blow too much money. Trying to find a dog sitter for our dog Jimmy while we go on our trip (if you're free let me know. He's a great dog)! All of these little things aren't really worth stressing about so I'm just gonna relax and enjoy the holiday season. It came so fast again I can hardly believe it.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Steve, my favorite part of your blog is how you ask if anyone is free to watch Jimmy after you already slipped and said that he liked to pee on Christmas presents. ha ha ha Very funny. -Hey, that is great about the Education Program, I didn't know that. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Casandra said...

I forgot that you missed snowmobiling in Yellowstone. Sometime we'll have to talk them into doing that one again. It's unlike anything else and much better than snowmobiling in the wasatch mountains.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!