Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July fun!

Wowser this has been one HOT month!! Of course it was a hot one on the 4th and you have to go to a parade, so we just dealt with it! We went to the Kaysville parade with Leslee, Devin, and Makayla.. we were hearing about this parade and had to go see what the fuss was about and boy oh boy I under estimated it! They said it was big.. but I didnt know how big! I havent seen that many people for a parade in a very long time! The parade was fun.. we got candy, popsicles, frisbee's, balls, pencils, necklaces, coupons, and free ties. It was super hot and lasted about 2 hrs that the kids got a little sick of it and ended up in the shade towards the end. We had 3 boys standing next to us that kept stealing our candy and such that the kids were trying to pick up, I even blocked them and had the candy at my foot and they snuck under me to take it. I was a little annoyed by it and found myself telling them to move back a few times..
 After the parade we went to Steven's parents house and had a BBQ.. it was nice and relaxing with just us, the parents, and Leslee and Devin. The kids took and nap and we were able to play some games on the back patio (which is always nice!).. after lunch and games we went to my parents for more BBQ fun. That was kind of low key as well.. it was us, my parents, and my sister. We had some yummy steaks that my dad made. My mom was sick so we didnt see much of her. We watched the ReAL game, played outside, and then watched the fireworks.
  I ended up getting extremely fried from the hot sun, but it was a nice, busy day. I always look forward to holidays so I can spend time with the family.. and this one was another one to add to my happy memories!

Our cute little family all in our matching shirts
Aubree getting ready for the parade.

Cousin Makayla staying in the shade

Getting ready for the parade

Everyone was HOT after it was all done!


Grandpa Shaw with Aubree.
Aunt Megan and Korb playing outside.

Watching fireworks off my parents deck.

No comments:

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!