Monday, July 14, 2008

100 lbs lifted off my shoulders!

Well first of all I would like to announce that the CAAP Test Results came.. and boy was I nervous!! I was scared and almost didnt want to open the envelope.. but since it had been 3 flippin weeks since I took it, I couldnt wait! So I opened it! Couldn't really understand what it was saying, but after a few minutes I realized that I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I was thrilled.. now the only other thing that could make the day better was if Steven passed his CAAP test as well.. so I sat outside not very patiently.. but none the less.. I was sitting out there until he got off work.. and then he came in and opened his.. and guess what?! HE PASSED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we both passed, and we were both thrilled!! What a relief!! One hurdle done with.. now about 900 more! Steven went and talked to his Education Counselor and she let him know what classes he needed to take.. looks like we will be going to school for the rest of our lives! We aren't too excited to start school in Aug because we will once again have NO LIFE!! I will be going to work at 7:15, which if you know me.. I am soo far from a morning person, its sad! And then I will have class until 8 or 9 at night.. So we are going to be big fat losers! Steven's schedule isn't looking any better then mine! Hopefully our works will continue to work with us during school or we just might become homeless! ha ha..
Well the past week has been really nice! I got to go to my nephew Ryker and niece Kyla's birthday parties.. they were fun and it was nice to see the families. Steven and I got to go to the Drive In Friday night.. I was totally excited! We put the cuddle bag in the back of the truck and we were on our way! It was nice and comfy! Hopefully we will go to a few more before the summer is over! On Sunday we went to the pops.. it was really nice and relaxing! We just drove our scooter right up and sat in the shady soccer field.. I have a few pictures so maybe Ill post them tomorrow. My mom and dad and sister came. And then my In-laws came over and joined us.. so it was fun! We played a few games, ate snacks, and watched fireworks!
And now its Monday.. Monday's truly are the worst day of the week! But its almost over and the week should fly by! I checked on my garden today.. as of today I have 19 tomatoes.. not bad, but not good.. and only one poor little pepper.. it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. My cucumber plants are doing pretty well.. they are growing and growing! Everything else is just kinda there.. Maybe I don't have a green thumb after all! Oh well! It's fun to do anyway!
Well last Tuesday one of the Bishopric came over and informed us that we had to speak on Sunday.. so I basically just ignored that fact until Saturday night. Steven wouldn't write my talk so I had to do it all by myself! Sad.. and sadly enough.. my talk lasted prob 8 mins.. lol. that will show Steven to write my talk next time! But he did good and filled up the rest of the time for us. All I know is that I'm glad its over! Woh.. I really don't like speaking!
Well this week BATMAN comes out!! Oh man are we are excited!!!!!!! I think I will just go buy our movie tickets in the next day or two.. so if anyone wants to come with us Friday night, let me know and Ill get ya some tickets! Well I think that is about it! Hopefully I will have a few pictures to post tomorrow.

2 comments:

Megs said...

So I think we are going to go to Blue Man Group on August 9th in Vegas (we still aren't for sure, but so far that is the plan). You are more than welcome to come...although gas prices aren't the best these days, could be a little pricey. It really would be so fun though if somehow you guys could make it!

P.S. Your blog makes me want to start a garden!

Brittany said...

ok! 19 tomatoes! my tomato plant has 1 tiny little green tomato and that is it! so 19 is good!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!