Friday, July 18, 2008

No Fun, No Fun!

All I know is.. Thank goodness its FRIDAY! It has been an interesting week for me.. and I'm okay that it is over. Wednesday didn't like me too much, and I didn't like Wednesday very much either! At my work we get 4 hours of vacation time if we give blood. So of course Im up for that! I need the vacation hours and I dont mind giving blood.. I have given blood numerous times and never have had a problem with it. So Wednesday was just an ordinary day to give blood. I went in around 9am gave blood, and had no problem.. then around 12pm I slowly started getting light headed.. I got up and walked around and thought it would go away.. well it just kept getting worse.. I was drinking plenty of water.. had a donut, pretzels, fig newtons, and was eating pizza.. so I was clearly getting enough fluid and energy to be okay.. at least that is what I thought! Well.. I was getting more and more dizzy, so I sat down on the ground and leaned against the wall.. a lady at my work got me a cold rag and put it on the back of my neck, and I put my head between my knee's.. well that just made it worse.. so I grabbed the cold rag and put it on my forehead.. and then all I remember is seeing a bunch of stars and blacking out. I had passed out. Man, that was extremely weird!! When I woke up I had vomit..yes, vomit.. all over myself! How disgusting is that?! I looked down and was in shock! Luckily the nurse was right around the corner, so she came and helped me clean up.. (poor lady!) She helped me get the vomit off my clothes and the floor.. and lets just say pizza DOES NOT sound good anymore! I got up and my mom helped me to her car and took me home.. well on the way to my house I felt like I was going to throw up again.. so I asked for the plastic bag.. but we couldnt undo it.. so, I rolled down the window and while we were driving down Washington Blvd.. I threw up with my head sticking out of the window.. my mom's poor car had throw up all over it! Wow.. that was not fun.. So then I got home, took a nice bath and changed (of course!) and went to my moms so she could take care of me! Oh and she took my clothes straight to the dry cleaners! But shh.. dont tell my sister that I was wearing her shirt that day! It will be our secret! ;)
Anyway, thursday I was back up to par, just extremely embarrassed to come back to work.. I wanted to forget it! But nope.. no one let me forget it.. everyone asked how I was and if I was okay.. even people over on the other side (Jail) came over and asked how I was.. so that was nice.. I just kinda wanted to forget it ever happened! So moral of the story.. if your going to give blood.. make sure and eat plenty BEFORE you go give blood, or it will mess you up! Lets just say I prob wont be getting extra vacation time anytime soon!
Tonight we are going to go see Batman- Dark Knight!! We are sooo soo excited! Yeah! We are going to a late one, and its 2 1/2 hours long, but Im thinking it will be soo good that I will forget how late it is! That is about it for this weekend for us.. just some relaxin and having some fun.. and no passing out!

2 comments:

Lettie B. said...

Oh how sad! At least you have a story for the "most embarrassing moment" now, right? I am glad to hear you are feeling better. :)

Natalie said...

That sounds sooooooo awful. It's bad enough to throw up in private - let alone at work. That one definately goes down in the record books !!! Glad you are up and running again.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!