Saturday, April 28, 2012

7 days and counting!


Well I am officially 38 weeks pregnant and I can definitely tell! These pictures were taken at 37 weeks, I will have to make sure and get a few more picures before she is here so we can all see how big I have gotten. My last appt was on Monday and it went well.  I hadn't gained any weight from the two weeks before that..so that is good.  Aubree went from 6lbs to about 7lbs 5 oz.. once again, this is just a pure guess by the dr.  I was dialated to a "1 plus" as she calls it.. not sure what exactly that means, but that isnt near as dialated as I was hoping! She asked if I had any questions and Im sure she wasn't shocked to hear me ask when I can have this baby! She quickly replied with "How does May 5th sound?".. I said PERFECT! So I was finally able to start a countdown and actually have an idea of when she will come.  The doctor usually lets people go early but I didn't want to get my hopes up if it wasnt true. Now I am happy to say that it is just a few days away. 
Things have been going just fine. I really cant complain about much (even though I do!).. my pregnancy has treated me about as good as it could, but I still think it sucks even when its great! My ribs are the constant pain and I always find myself wishing I could rip out a few of them so I wont have that constant pain.  I am sleeping okay but I can tell I am hitting the last few weeks because it is harder to do everything. Bending over is not possible.. luckily I have a good little boy that is usually willing to pick things up for me. Aubree gets hiccups all the time.. at least 3 times a day and the last one always starts as I am laying in bed trying to fall asleep.  She is super active and she is getting so big now that I can tell it's a foot buldging from my belly.
 We are about ready now.. still a few things left to do but mostly ready.  My sister is throwing me a shower today to help us get the last few things we need, so that will be really nice! I have been able to stock up on formula for the past few months and I am actually impressed with myself by how much I have! I have a good 18+ liquid bottles and about 8 powder formulas.. (thanks Rachel!)  So that will help a lot!
 So anyway, next Saturday will be the day! I am anxious, scared, nervous, excited, and ready! It's definitely a different feeling the second time because you know what to expect, but I am hoping she is ready to come so I dont have another 15 hr labor. Either way we will be happy to meet our new little one.

2 comments:

Casandra said...

Good luck with eveything. I'm going to have to come and steal her for a few hours.

Rachel said...

You are SO almost there. Hang in there and try to enjoy these last few moments with Korbin before he is no longer the only child. :)

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!