Monday, April 16, 2012

The past few weeks. Catch-up!

I blame this partly on the weather and partly because I am nesting! The past few weeks have be super busy for us not only getting Aubree's stuff ready, but we have been trying to get our yard back into shape.  Luckily for us, Korbin is OBSESSED with being outside so we have ample time to do yardwork.  We have also had the opportunity to go to 3 ReAL soccer games in about 1 1/2 weeks.. and might I say it was a blast!  But might I also mention that the last one probably did me in until this baby is born!  Along with the craziness we had Easter. So this post is going to be a bunch of random stuff that has been going on for the past 3 weeks or so!
Yardwork- Steven had a really good idea to move our garden across the lawn to a better place.. a place where it will get more water, sun, and less weeds. Sounds awesome right? Well we might have not realized how hard it was going to do to move it over. We ended up renting a sod cutter for a night and Steven cut our new garden and rolled up the sod.
Lucky for us my Dad is always willing to come help.. sometimes soo willing that he will come do our yardwork himself while Steven is at work. This certain day Steven was home and was able to continue the garden work as my dad helped. They transfered most of the dirt from our previous garden to our new garden (which was quiet the task). I felt very useless because well.. I was. I cant do anything but watch and I HATE that!


 Then from there Steven put the sod in the old garden.  We are now almost ready for garden season.  We still have a few things to do to get ready for it, but the garden is moved and we have some high hopes this year that we will do better then last year. (Which shouldn't be too hard!)

ReAL Soccer games-
We have the fabulous pass of all passes thing which gets you in four games of ReAL's.. so we get a chance to at least make it to four games. Usually we are lucky enough to make it to a good amount of them, but the four "free" ones are the added bonus. The first game Steven couldnt go to so I invited my brother Travis. It was a lot of fun but we lost.. which was super sad!

The third game we went for our anniversary and it was a lot of fun! We got there a little early so we could eat some yummy food and just watch the players warmup.  Steven won a ReAL beanie and a mini soccer ball for Korb.  We had some delicious chicken quesidillas and they won! So overall it was a blast and we enjoyed spending the evening there, just us two.




The UP house-
My sister lives about 5 mins away from the UP house so while we were out visiting her the other day we stopped at the house and took some pictures.  I guess I shouldnt have worn a bright yellow shirt to match the house! You can't see us too well in this picture but it is Korb and I.. he was very fascinated by the house.. he hasn't seen the movie but it will be fun to tell him that we saw the house when he does watch it.


EASTER-
 My parents have 4 grandboys.. no granddaughters (yet!).. so here is a picture of the four boys.


Easter was a fun day spent with my side of the family.  It was a really nice day and the kids loved being outside.  The Easter bunny came to our house earlier that morning and spoiled Korbin like crazy!  Korb had a little Easter egg hunt at my parents house and got some good treats and toys. He had a lot of fun.    The day was nice and we all had a good time.

2 comments:

Casandra said...

Good luck with your garden. Looks like it'll be a good one. I have yet to go to a REal Game, what is wrong with me!

Rachel said...

That UP house was cool. I should check that out sometime. -ReAL games are always fun. Bummer that we missed one of the four. :(

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!