Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 4 of Steven's Surgery

Well these past few days have been nice for me. I haven't had to work, I get to see Steven all day of everyday, and I got to catch up on some needed cleaning! There is still a nice long list of things Steven and I want to accomplish before the summer is over, but it's a nice start.
Steven seems to be doing better everyday. They said the 4th-7th days are the worst, but so far its not looking to be that way! Thank goodness! He had some oatmeal and chicken noodle soup yesterday, which is a huge improvement. Not only does he have his appetite back, but he is actually trying some stuff. We have a nice long list of things he wants to eat when he gets better. We are going to get him some whoppers, go to chili's and get the spicy chicken pasta, also make some fijita's with rice, we will be going to Gridelli's also. So I guess I better save my pennies!! But I am hoping that he will continue to get better each day! I am just glad that he finally got it done! It was pretty sucky having him feel sick a lot of the time, and now I see why!! So he is doing good.. getting up and walking around a little more each day. He is being a good sport, not complaining much (which is nice for me!).
I finished "THE HOST" last night! It took me 3 days!! Of course all I was doing was sitting there reading! Steven was probably bored out of his mind!! But I did finish, and it was really good!! It reminded me of Twilight in a little way. But it was way good! The first chapters are extremely confusing and weird, but once you kind of understand it and read it, then it starts to get really good! So if you were thinking about reading it, but wasn't sure.. I say go read it! Be patient through the first chapters and then its easy sailing!
Well today I plan on folding laundry, mowing the back lawn, and unfortunately going to the dentist. My stupid filling fell out on the cruise and I have been such a slacker lately that I havent got it fixed. So today is the day! I figure it needed to be done soon, and I might as well do it on my day off so I dont have to waste another day off to get it filled!
Well I think that's about it for today! Dont worry Brit.. Ill be back to work tomorrow! :) hope you had a fun couple days there without me!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm glad Steven is feeling better. I had my tonsils out in 3rd grade and I still remember how bad it hurt :(

I loved The Host. Stephenie is an amazing writer and there's nothing better than a great book :) Good luck at the dentist!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!