Friday, June 13, 2008

Steven's Surgery

Well Steven had his surgery yesterday and it went well. We went in at 12pm, I went into the waiting room at 12:30pm and by 1pm he was done! I barely got in my book! After that they just had him in a little resting area and we waited there until it was okay to go home. We got to leave at 4pm. The doctor who I swear was my age!! HAHA He was really nice and told me that his tonsils were extremely infected! He said he pulled out infected "balls" that were the size of a dime! How gross! Im pretty sure when he got them out that he could squeeze all the puss out!! I'm not quite sure how Steven even made it this far with infected tonsils, but all I know is that I'm glad they are out! So the surgery went well, he is now at home relaxing! Yesterday he just stuck with apple juice and gatorade, today he seems a little better and wanting to eat a few more things. He says the pain is a little better, but he can feel the swelling. So he has been doing a lot better today, he has already had some ice cream and quite a bit of gatorade. He is talking a little more and looks like he has a little more energy. They say the 4th through the 7th days are the worst, which sucks because I will be back to work tuesday and wont be much help!
As for me.. I have cleaned out our spare room, filed (which has been needed for a very long time!), Laundry, mowed the lawn, pulled weeds, and read my book. So it has been a pretty productive day already. I am hoping to get a few more things done before I go back to work.
So that is it for now.. keep your fingers crossed that he continues to keep feeling better! Thanks for all the support!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I'm glad everything went well! I hope tuesday come fast... i'm lonely at work! :( But I know Steven need ya more!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!