Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Today is my Dad's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Dad!! We have kind of been having almost a week long celebration for my Dad's birthday. No special reason except it's his birthday! Sunday we did the usual sunday birthday party with my grandparents and then today which is his actual birthday I made a cake and brought it to work. For those of you who dont know.. I work with my Dad and my Mom at the Weber County Sheriff's Office. So anyway, I made him a cake and shared with everyone.. then we blew up some balloons and kind of decorated his office. We also sang to him.. lol, that was quite entertaining! Tonight we are going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner! Yummm... Oh and the kids got him a new cell phone, which is long needed.. and we recieved it in the mail today, so he will be getting his new phone as well! So I think overall it has been a good birthday for him, I hope!
Well Steven is slowly getting better. He went to work yesterday and was not happy about it. His throat is still extremely sore and it hurts for him to talk too much. But he is now starting to eat a little more everyday.. he is being more brave with his food choices, and says it doesnt hurt quite as much. He decided yesterday that he was just going to eat what he wanted because it hurt either way. So tonight he will be getting some delicious fries at Texas Roadhouse. Hopefully its okay on his throat. But work for him is not enjoyable. I think he will be excited for the weekend so he can rest more. Luckily he had enough sick leave and he didnt have to use any personal time, so that is good!!
Saturday we are going to Lagoon with my family. Steven managed to get 12 tickets to Lagoon from work, so my whole family is going! I am pretty excited! Casandra is home from Montana for the week and she is also coming to Lagoon, so that will be a lot of fun! The saturday after that (July 4th) My family is going to the Stadium of Fire! Im not too excited about Mylie Cyrus, but the Blueman group is freekin awesome!! So I am way excited!! And we get to spend the night at Megan's new place and play games, so that will be lots of fun as well!
Well I did the 5k last night for South Ogden Day's. It was fun. I usually do them like 2 times a year and I kind of stress out because I wanna run lots and do good. But this time I was with my sister Megan and Casandra and we just walked the whole time. It was fun because I got to catch up with them! So we had fun!
Well I think that is about it! All I know is that I am going to be pretty happy when this week is over!

1 comment:

Megs said...

It's always fun to find blogs that belong to people I know. It's been a while! Sounds like life is treating you good! That is awesome that you do 5ks each year! I just barely did my first one and I was surprised how much I liked it.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!