Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Completely Home Made!

So on Sunday Steven and I watched "Big Daddy's kitchen" on the Food Network Channel. Well Big Daddy was showing how to make homemade chicken strips and fries... my two favorite things! So Steven and I thought it would be fun if we tried it! I love to make home made fries and usually make them a few times a month, but I realized that I had this grater that would be perfect for fries! So I got it out and tried it! Yup, it was perfect.. cut those potatoes into perfect fries! So that was exciting! Then Steven mainly did the chicken.. this is what we did.. we pounded out the chicken so it was skinnier.. cut it into strips.. dipped it in eggs, and then dipped it in Doritos.. yes.. Doritos! Buffalo Ranch to be exact.. so we just smashed all the chips in a bag and then covered the chicken in it! Then you just fry it and your done!! So this was our first go-around with completely home made stuff.. we tasted it and it was DELICIOUS! Might be our favorite dinner! So try it! But here are some pictures of last night's dinner!








5 comments:

Lettie B. said...

I don't know about Doritos on my chicken, but those fires sound good! I haven't had homemade fries for a really long time!
And good job to you guys on your all homemade dinner.

Megs said...

Hello chefs! That is such a good idea about the Doritos. We are always trying to improve our homemade fried foods. We are definitely going to try that out. I can't wait to taste it!

Also, your comment on my post was hilarious! An oxygen tank thrown at you and ice thrown down your back....wow!

Rachel said...

You are too cute, Alyssa. Your meal looked yummy. Doritos is a good idea, I will have to try that. Good work making a fancy, homemade dinner. :)

Sarah Rambles said...

wow... that looks good. i may have to try that out some day!

Megan said...

Ooooo! Looks tasty! Do you cater?

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!