Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Series of unfortunate events

So my good old friend Megan made me realize that I have never blogged about mine and my husbands terrible luck with things.. So, I decided to today! Im positive I wont be able to list every bad luck thing that has happened to us... but I will be able to tell you the ones that stick out of my mind. Now if you know us and hang around us a lot you will have heard many of these stories before, or might have witnessed them. So sit back, relax, grab some popcorn and enjoy!
We will start with some little ones.. Steven has the WORST luck with stop lights.. he tells people this and no one believes him.. but it is true. If we go anywhere we expect to take about 15 mins longer to get to our destination. Every stop light gets him. We stop at one.. then go to the next, we stop at the next.. and so on. No, Im not exaggerating.. it is completely true. So if we want to get anywhere in a fastly manner.. I have to drive. And that is my one lucky thing.. I can get through those lights pretty fast!
When we go to movies we always have some cooke behind us, in front of us, next to us... We saw the Batman movie and there were some teenagers behind us and this girl decided she wanted to not only kick my chair every 3 seconds.. but then she wanted to kick it extremely hard while she was laying on the ground laughing.. we also went to see a movie and three rows in front of us was a little kid with a balloon.. yes a balloon!! Who brings balloons to movies, you got me.. but it was perfectly in the air so we couldnt see the middle screen.. and of course we had assigned seats so we couldnt move.. but they did move it after the movie started and I said something. Stuff like this happens everytime we go to the movies.. we now just expect it.
On to airplanes and flights.. this is where we have the worst luck Im thinking.. I personally have just as bad luck as Steven on this one.. I have been stuck between an extremely fat person that is taking up half my seat.. and on the other side is.. no joke a guy that has one of those braces with a triangle thing.. so the fat sweaty guy was on one side.. and a big sponge triangle was jammed into me on the other side.. oh and that trip I was in the last row right next to the bathroom! Which leads me to the next one.. on our way home from the cruise this year the seats were all changed around when we got there.. well of course our seats were scattered.. but Steven and I got the very very very last row right next to the bathroom, which lucky for us, already reeked of number two! Everyone else was at least 8 rows in front of us. Also that same trip when we were heading to our cruise Steven's luggage was not only ripped and had tire marks.. but it was torn from one side to the other, and then they decided they wanted to duct tape it to keep it together.. no we didnt get a new suitcase.. we didnt get anything.. they said it was just minor wear and tear. ha! Thats some big wear a tear! So luckily my dad had a needle and thread (dont ask!) and so I jimmy rigged it to make it through the cruise! We also had terrible luck coming home from our last years cruise.. so if you ever see my mom.. ask her about Susan Gordan.. Good times!
I could go on forever and ever and list all the crazy things.. but I will just tell one more story.. oh and yes, there are plenty plenty more stories!! Okay on to the last story.. If you know Steven's dad Randy, you know how unlucky he is as well.. so getting Steven, me, and Randy all together is just asking for disaster! And it was! Well we like to go to Raptors games... so Randy got us tickets and we headed over there.. We go find our seat and find out that the person next to my seat had already spilled their drink all over, so the whole floor was completely sticky.. So we sit down anyway and try to enjoy the game.. well OF COURSE we are sitting in the same 2 rows as the mental retarded people.. I am being serious, not mean. So that was interesting. Well there was a lady that had to get up and leave every about 4 mins.. so we got some good exercise with standing up and down.. she would always put her hand on my shoulder.. a bit akward! The guy sitting next to me had an oxygen tank and LOVED the game.. he also LOVED staring at me.. and man was that creepy! Well he also liked to get up and leave every few mins.. he always went to go get ice.. and he would come back.. usually sitting in a different seat every time. Well one time he just got back from getting ice and he managed to somehow spill the WHOLE cup of ice down my father-in-law's back.. ha ha.. that was hilarious.. of course the guy didnt know and went to get another cup of ice that he would soon spill all over me. So this same guy decided he wanted to sit in the row right behind us and about four seats over from me.. So you would think that nothing else would happen to me since he was clear over there.. well you are wrong! He got up and started dancing and his wonderful oxygen tank fell.. well it didnt fall in front of him, it fell four seats over and down a row, to magically hit me in my shoulder! His oxygen tank hit me in the shoulder!! ha ha.. how does that physically happen!? Well we managed to see a lot of things that night including a big guy pushing a mexican down the stairs because he accidently stepped on the other guys kids foot. Of course they were just on the next row over from us. So us three together is a disaster! We dont have luck in card games, in drawings, in anything.. so most of the time we dont bother with luck!
Well I hope you have been entertained by these silly little things that have happened to us. I would have loved to go into more detail about them, but I would have to write a novel for that to happen!

3 comments:

Gary said...

Too funny! Sounds like you guys got bad luck for sure. At least they make for funny stories to post on your blog.

Lettie B. said...

Funny stories. :)

Megan said...

Wow! That IS some rotton luch!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!