Friday, August 22, 2008

Thankful

As my birthday is coming up it makes me realize how much I have been given in my life. I also think that starting school up again is also making me thankful.. as weird as that sounds. So today I thought I should just write a little blog about how grateful and thankful I am for the people that surround me.
I have the best grandparents in the world... that will give anything and everything to help the family out. My grandparents have helped me out with everything! My grandpa has helped me put a downpayment on a car two times. My grandpa always goes with us to car shop and knows the in's and out's of the cars and the dealerships.. and always gets us a good deal on our cars. I am very glad that my grandpa came with Steven and I to get our cars! Anything that has to do with our cars he is there helping us. My grandparents have also helped me A LOT with school! As a present for getting my Associates Degree my grandparents paid for my tuition that year. That helped so so so much! Now they are helping me with school again, and I couldn't be more grateful. Without them I would be taking out loans and loans for school!
I also have the best family in the world! I was lucky enough to marry into a great family where I would make great friends. I am extremely thankful for my In-laws. They help us out in so many ways, the biggest help is the house we rent out from them! Not many people can say they pay $350 for rent for a nice little house, but we can. I am thankful that Steven gets along soo well with my family and looks forward to hanging out with my family. Im glad Steven and Casey like to hang out, because it seems like Casey comes around more when Steven is there. So that is awesome! Im so glad Steven has his brother to hang out with. I love to watch those crazy boys play their video games or talk sports or play pool ball.. its so fun. I have the greatest sis-in-law ever.. I wont mention her name (Rachel).. but its true! I think we are a lot alike and I love to hang out and talk to her. She is a lot of fun. I am thankful for my personal family as well.. they are so great to us. I am glad they brought us up how they did and I almost feel proud of myself that I am where I am at today, and I do have my family to thank for that. There was definitely some bad, crazy years for me, but they believed in me and helped me out.. and now I am finally getting to where I want to be.
I am thankful for all my friends! I love going to movies (girls night) with my friends, its so nice to get out and hang with them.. I enjoy work as well as I can because I have some friends there.. people I can talk to and hang out with.
I just felt like I have been given so much that I needed to thank the people that help us out. So thank you everyone for everything you do.. thank you for your support in everything we do.. and I hope we can do the same for you!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Alyssa, you are very sweet. All of your gratitude made me smile and have warm fuzzies. I'm grateful you are my sister-in-law and more importantly, my friend. :) You and Steve have always been one of the first to ever help us when we needed someone or something, and that means a lot to me. So thank YOU! :)

Megs said...

Happy Birthday! It is a couple days late..but Happy Birthday all the same!

Natalie said...

What a great post! I hope you have a wonderful birthday. What a good idea to use that milestone as a chance to think about all your blessings.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!