Saturday, August 2, 2008

The best month of the year!! Happy August!

Well nothing new is going on in my neck of the woods.. just making it through the summer! Steven and I have been pretty busy doing random stuff.. it felt like this week wouldn't end! Everyone wanted us to be everywhere. So we did our best and had fun doing it. We figure we might as well party it up because in 3 weeks we will officially be anti-social school/work boring people! Of course school starts the day after my birthday.. Happy birthday to me! I'm a little excited for school only because Steven and I are finally taking classes for our majors.. and that is a huge relief and even though we have a few years.. there is a tiny light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like we are truly blessed with our families.. they have helped us soo much with school and we will forever be grateful! All I know is that I am going to be one happy women when I am done with school. We will be able to buy a house, which makes me excited.. we will be able to have an option of having a kid.. and of course we will be able to be in our career! So sorry for everyone if you dont want to hear about us going through school.. cause that's our life for the next few years! Oh and we got our diploma's the other day and my mom got us some frames, so I put them in the frames and will be hung up in our spare bedroom! Yeah!!
Our annual Bear Lake camping trip is next friday (15th) which I am extremely excited about!! If anyone wants to come up and stay a night you are more then welcome.. just let me know and Ill give you the info! Anyway.. So we do this annual camping trip.. it started out that I wanted to do a last hurrah before my sister left for 2 years to grad school.. so I invited my family and Steven's family. The first year wasn't the greatest.. but last year it was a blast!! Everything went well, everyone got along and we just had a nice, fun, relaxing time. So Im pretty excited for this years. I am usually the one to plan this, and it always seems like I am the one to plan anything fun, but I guess I figure if I dont plan it, then we wont do anything fun ever.. so I would rather plan and have fun, then not plan and not have fun.. Right?! Im pretty bummed that Ryan and Rachel dont get to come this year.. I was really looking forward to having them there! But I guess I dont always get everything I want! lol.. We are all pretty excited because Casandra and Dan are coming down for the trip.. and we havent seen them in quite awhile! So that will be fun! I will definitely have some pictures to post when we get back!
This week is also the Weber County Fair. Im pretty excited about it for a few simple reasons.. well I work for the County so I get a choice to work the fair or not.. so of course I jumped right on that! I get to work there getting free pop and food instead of working in the office getting nothing free.. so that will be nice! I am working 3 shifts.. so I will be working a few extra hours which will give me the hours I need off for Bear Lake! Wahoo!! I dont have to take any vacation time off, and Im definitely happy about that! So I got my wonderful "deja Moo" shirt lol.. and I will be wearing that bright neon shirt all week! But at least Ill be getting a tan! Oh and the other cool thing is that Ill be working with my bestest buddy Brittany so we totally get to chat ALL DAY!! Which is the total opposite at work. We usually get in trouble if we even look in each others direction! lol.. so that will be fun!
Our garden seems to be doing pretty good.. I think! We are getting lots and lots of tomatoes.. they are even getting red! Wahoo! We are finally getting some tiny little cucumbers! I am soo excited!! It looks like we will only be getting one pepper this year! So that kind of sucks.. and everything else is just kind of growing.. I dont expect much of anything.. but its our first garden so even growing something is pretty good!
So that's my week in a jiffy.. I will hopefully be posting some pictures soon!

4 comments:

Sarah Rambles said...

Sounds like a busy, busy, happy life. I'm happy for you lyssa lou!

Natalie said...

Wow - you are up to lots of fun stuff. School oh School! BE glad you are getting it done while you are first married and not when you already have 4 or 5 kids. I remember the relief when I was finally taking "real" classes.

Megs said...

I totally understand that you have to have the most fun ever this month because school and work take over after this! That is what I am concerned about. Summer really is the best time of year! Have fun in Bear Lake! That place is so fun!

Rachel said...

It's too bad about Bear Lake, we would have liked to come, but things aren't quite lining up like we had hoped. Thanks for planning everything though. You'll have to tell me all about. -And as for school, I feel your pain. Hang in there.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!