Monday, August 18, 2008

Six days until my birthday!


Well this past weekend we got to go to Bear Lake! It was a lot of fun!! We didn't really do a whole lot up there and I think that's why we enjoyed it so much! A few of us got there Thurs night and set up our tents and talked for awhile, man the nights were FREEZING!! Everyone else came up Friday. The lake was beautiful and so much fun!! The boys had fun playing water football and ended up with some major scratches and marks on their bodies.. the kids had fun playing in the sand and making a mess. We got plenty of shakes and I was glad to see that my favorite place to get shakes (Chevron) was still there and making the delicious shakes I remember. We really like this certain Chevron because their shakes are made from real hard ice cream.. instead of all the other places use those stupid ice cream machines! So we were glad it was still there! We played a few games like Left, Right, Center and Steven won $10!! Wahoo! That is a fun game when you gamble with real money! lol.. we played lots of Bolo, which was fun.. and Steven and I are pretty darn amazing... we only lost once! I didnt take alot of pictures and Im pretty bummed now that I didnt.. so my plan is to wait for Rachel to post her pictures and then Im going to steal them and put them on my blog! But I did take one picture.. so I am going to post my one and only picture of Bear Lake.. its the picture with the tree's and the sun shinning.. (thats me trying to be artistic again!)



Okay.. now to our garden.. today was the day I ate my first home grown cucumber! How exciting is that?! Pretty exciting I think! So I decided to take a few pictures of it for you. I talked to the garden experts (Ryan and Rachel) and they told me that I prob should pick my cucumber because it was getting so big around! So I did! And it was delicious! I am quite excited to be able to pick a few more! I have some more growing that will prob be ready in a week or two! So I am pretty excited that my cucumbers finally grew! Better late then never right!? My tomatoes are also doing pretty well.. I ate some today and have more sitting out there ready for me to pick. Besides those two things, our garden isn't doing that well.. No watermelon, cantaloupe, or peppers.. but I am not going to be too bummed since I got some cucumbers! So below are pictures of our sad garden.. and also pictures of me with my first cucumber I ever grew!




4 comments:

Lettie B. said...

I like your tree picture. Congrats on the garden produce. There are few things better than homegrown food off the vine. You totally need to make a cucumber/tomato (and onions) salad. Then you will be even more proud. I always have a hard time getting my peppers to grow, but it looks like you have at least one good one. Yum!

Megs said...

I really love the tree pic. Nice job! You seriously make me wish we had a garden.

Natalie said...

It's so cute how excited you are about your garden. Like a little kid in the candy shop. Impressive skills. Reminds we what a slacker I am. Glad you guys had fun at Bear Lake! I haven't camped up there in ages.

Rachel said...

You are cute Alyssa. :) I'm glad that your cucumber was delicious. (I don't know if I would call Ryan and I experts, we've just had some garden errors before). I really liked your one and only bear lake picture, it is like the heavens opened or something.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!