Wednesday, October 8, 2008

SPORTS

I have to be one of the biggest sports fans there is! I watch NBA, NFL, MLS, EPL, College sports, Tennis, Golf, and pretty much everything else. I even got into Horse racing when Big Brown was going for the triple crown. I love it. I love to watch, and I love to play almost any sport. The only "sport" I can't tollerate is NASCAR (because driving a car in a circle 500 times is not a sport), and Biking (because every last one of them is doping up like crazy). I suppose with Lance Armstrong getting back into it I may follow that a bit just to see how he's doing.
We're getting into the heart of the sport season again. RSL may get into the MLS playoffs for the first time ever. My Buffalo Bills are off to a fast start at 4-1. The Jazz are looking great from what I've seen in preseason and Training camp. Brewer, Milsap, and Miles look like they've improved. Deron, AK, and Memo can always be counted on. The Jazz should get off to a great start because they're in good shape already and their schedule for the first month is soft.

However, my excitement in the past has always hit a dead end for EVERY team I have chosen to like. RSL is fun to watch but nobody really takes them seriously. Even if they make the playoffs they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of winning the cup. The Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1998.... and in that game they lost to the Titans on a last second B.S. play where they lateralled the ball a few times and scored a touchdown with no time left on the clock. Or Maybe you're more familiar with the fact that they lost 4 super bowls in a row. That was fun to watch!! The Jazz haven't fared much better. Every year the fan inside me has me convinced the Jazz will win the championship. And every year they get to the playoffs and fall short. Whether it's Tom Chambers Volley ball spiking the ball off the backboard in the closing seconds, or Scott (the moron) Pagget tipping in Stockton's 3 pointer that would have sent the game into overtime. Pagget must have left his brain on the bench when he checked in because two points did absolutely NOTHING for the Jazz except end their season. Something happens every season that makes them fall short. I won't give Rachel the benefit of Mentioning how other seasons ended. The Cubs are my baseball team and they haven't won a world series in over 100 years now. They got swept in the first round this year despite having the best record in their league!
My point is I have chosen teams that are hard to root for sometimes. I'm still waiting for one of them... any of them to break through. I'd be so happy and the 20+ years I've spent watching in misery would all be worth it. It's gotta be the year for one of them right? The Bills? The Jazz? RSL? I guess I'll have all year to watch the games and find out.

2 comments:

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Wow! I had no idea that you were such a big sport fan. That is awesome. I hope the Jazz do good this season, my husband is a faithful follower and I succumb to it as well, because it is exciting.

Rachel said...

I have to say that I was very confused reading this post at first. I read the first half and thought "this doesn't add up". You then started talking about the Bills and I put 2 and 2 together and realized that you weren't Alyssa. ha ha ha I then had to read it all over again as you being you and it made more sense. I have to laugh a little, I just told Ryan tonight that for the first time since I have known him he hasn't given me the speech about how THIS is the year for the Jazz to win the championship, BUT then he went ahead and gave me the speech. Fat chance, but it is fun to believe in something. And I just want RSL to make the playoffs, that's progress. And I want the Lions to remember that they are playing football.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!