Thursday, October 30, 2008

LIFE CAN BE HARD

Life can be really hard sometimes. It's difficult to keep a healthy balance of Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual well being all the time. I try to surround myself with people and places that make me happy. Sometimes it's stressful when I have to spend a majority of my time in places I don't want to be. There are times I just want to say to hell with work and school, but we all know that doesn't work.
One thing I've learned is that things will always get better. If I get in a rut and feel like the world is caving in I just keep on going, and things will get better eventually.
School can be a pain. Thousands of dollars to take a bunch of meaningless classes from teachers that seem to be competing to see who can get more students to drop the class, rather than taking an interest in helping a student succeed. Then I work my butt off each semester working towards the goal of getting into the teacher education program, only to have them tell Me and Alyssa we aren't qualified for the program.
Life can be a real punch in the mouth sometimes. The question is will I allow a punch in the mouth to knock me out, or am I gonna get back up and swing back? All I can do is get up and swing back. The good thing is knowing I have friends and family in my corner. Giving me help and encouragement, and helping me get back up when I don't feel like I can any more.
This post wasn't meant to be a doom and gloom and it wasn't meant to turn into a boxing analogy either. Life can be hard, but things always get better.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I can relate :( I hope things get better!

Kariann said...

Hey, what a small world! It's so fun to read about you and your hubby! You guys are really cute together!! Yeah, crazy that I have a baby, it's awesome though! :) Things are going good, we'll have to keep in touch through the "blogging" world! :)

Casandra said...

I know exactly how you feel. Today was one of those days for me too. Hang in there, and you're right things always get better. We all have ups and downs.

Rachel said...

Hang in there, Steve. Sometimes we just have to jump through the crap hoops to get where we need in the end.

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!