Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lucky or not?


My question of the week is this.. Why are some people so lucky with everything in their life and why are some people not lucky at all?
Im dont want to seem like a downer but this has been on my mind for a long time. I have met people in my life that have had the good luck charm.. and I have met people that are so unlucky its ridiculous. My friend at work has THE worst luck of all time, this luck isnt hitting all the red lights, or having a balloon in front of them at the movie theater.. its bad luck like.. they get in major car wrecks and almost dying just to recover and fall out of a horse carriage that kills one of your siblings and mentally disables another one. This story is true and it breaks my heart to hear everything that happens in that family on a weekly basis. They are by far the most unlucky people in the world. These people are good people, nice to everyone and truly care about the church and the world. Why is it that they have such bad luck? Now I know you could say that they are just going through a trial, and they are strong people that can make it through it.. but give them a break!!
And then you see people that find a huge house (that I dream of) for a good deal, get an amazing interest rate, can pass every imaginable test possible, get free Jazz tickets lower bowl, etc. These people are good people as well that truly care about the church and the world but why is it that they get all the luck? Now for me.. I am not at all a lucky person.. but I am not the most unlucky person either, so I try to count my blessings.. but man do I get frustrated and yes, a bit jealous that some people just have it so easy! Why can't we all just have the equal luckiness?!

4 comments:

Steven said...

There are people that are more lucky than others. I'm glad I'm just the hit every red light, bad timing, miss every prediction on streak for cash in obsurd ways kind of bad luck!
Some people are able to handle certain things better than others. Maybe we wouldn't mentally be able to handle a string of tragic accidents, while other people can (as hard as it might be!)
I suppose in the end it's what we do AFTER something negative happens. Some people gain strength, and others wilt under the pressure. I guess we just gotta try to be in the "gain strength" category.

Rants Of Rian said...

I think you are pretty fortunate my friend. You are a beautiful girl who has a good head on her shoulders. A wonderful family and a terrific husband, your health, cruises, a job, and me as a friend:)
Luckeeee

Kariann said...

Amen sista! ;) Why can't we all just have even luckiness??? I vote for that in the next life! :)

Rachel said...

I don't have great luck either and I constantly have to remind myself that things could always be worse and that I am very blessed. It isn't always easy, especially when some people live under a shining star, but we are still lucky in a lot of ways. We just have to remember that. (BTW, Bailey was just looking at a picture of you and Steve and said "I love Jimmy. SHE is a good dog)

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!