Saturday, February 7, 2009

What I think...

I seem to have a hard time blogging when I am in school. Our lives all of a sudden become quite boring and uneventful! We never seem to have time for anything and once again our laundry is piling up. I am completely looking forward to the spring/summer and I am getting very antsy about it. This warmer weather is teasing me!! I am having a hard time staying focused with anything lately because I keep finding myself wishing it was next May. I know its bad to wish it was over a year from now, but I cant help but think of how my life will change when I am done with school! I will be able to just come home from work and relax, or clean the house, or watch tv.. I wont have to spend my hard earned money paying these stupid professors.. who really dont care worth a dang about you or if you pass the class. I know that I wont have a guaranteed job when I get done with school, but just knowing I finally got my degree and that I am officially done will be nice! To tell you the truth.. I never thought that I would even get this far in school, I figured I would go get my associates and then be done. But seeing my families and also the world, I am realizing that I do need an education. Of course I would love to stay at home and take care of my kids forever.. but if I am going to be realistic, I know that we would have a sad poor life if I did that. And no, its not about the money for me, but when I have kids I want to make sure they have everything they need!! I don't want to have to worry about the lack necessities when they are born, I want to know that everything will be okay! So for those reasons, I am sticking with this school thing! I never thought of myself as one of those people that would work this hard for something, but I am surprising myself! I do get stressed (all the time!) and I get frustrated, but once the semester is done and I pass my classes it is the best feeling in the world! Now that I am only a little over a year from graduating, I am getting soo excited and anxious! I hear a future date and I immediately wish it was that date! I think.."Oh.. even if it was next friday that would be one week closer!!" Its crazy, and frankly I hate living life that way because I love to just think about now.. but I can't help it anymore!! This semester is an awesome semester for me! I love it! Why you ask? Because I am actually doing the one thing that I really want to do.. Teach kids!! I am in the lab on tuesdays from 9:30-11:30 (toddlers) and then 1p-4p (preschoolers). What a great fulfilling job that is! I love it and I don't even care if Im not getting paid, or if I will have to work longer at my job because I am there. These kids are amazing! Every once in awhile I think to myself.. "Maybe this job isnt for me.. maybe I cant handle it!" And then I go to the childrens school and it all comes back together! I am completely looking forward to Fall semester where I will get a chance to student teach (the same children's school).. Because of the student teaching, I will have to cut my hours at work because it will not be possible at all to work 40 hrs. I know its going to be extremely exhausting, but man is it going to be awesome!! If everything goes as planned.. I will be student teaching everyday from 7:30-12:30p and then working from 1p-7p.. everyday! Woh.. that is going to be crazy! But I know I can do it! I hope I can do it!! And I know all this will be worth it in the end!
So all in all.. I am quite happy with my decision.. I always try to convince my friends to go back to school and get their degree. Hopefully one day they do, but just know that there will ALWAYS be an excuse not to go to school.. always.. but you gotta just suck it up for awhile and do it! So that is my advice to people that want to go! JUST DO IT!!
Everything around our house is good! Well besides the fact that.. once again.. I have a sinus infection! Does anyone know how to prevent them?! Steven and I are happy as ever and are obsessed with watching.. Hells Kitchen, Biggest Loser(or what I call Big Fat Loser ha ha)..American Idol..Private Practice..Greys Anatomy..and we have picked up watching The Big Bang Theory (which we have seemed to like so far!). We always look forward to those shows in the week, and kind of makes the week less hectic and sucky!
Well that's a long enough blog for now! Hopefully I didn't bore you! I should have some awesome pictures next week to post so come back and check it out!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm proud of you for sticking with it. You will be so glad you did. I wish I could go back and make us have gotten school done faster. Good job. I'm glad you found this shorter route with school to get done sooner. Also, I'm really excited you guys like Big Bang. I love that show.

Steven said...

I'm really proud of you for working so hard! I know you can do it and you'll be so glad you finished. And in 6-7 years I can finish school too and we'll be good to go!!!

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!