Thursday, October 18, 2012

Applesauce

Leslee (my sis in law) and I had wanted to make applesauce this year since we both have apple trees. Well usually I have these brilliant ideas and they never really happen.. but this one actually did! ha ha So anyway, I didn't get tons of apples this year so I just made a quick batch of my small bag of apples at my house. Then my parents neighbor was talking about how he had too many apples and didn't know what to do with them! So I gladly told him I would take them off his hands.. He brought me over 3 boxes of apples! Anyway, I had them at my house for a good week or two and they started to get bad, so.. Leslee and I decided we better start whipping some applesauce out before they all go bad. The only day I had available this week was Tuesday which happened to be the day I watched 3 of my nieces.. so the adventure started. I headed to Leslee's with 3 kids at 8:30am.. by the time it was 1pm we had 7 kids over there. Luckily they all played nicely..well except Korbin, for some reason he was a total stink! We had soo many apples that it took us a full 8 hrs to cut, cook, sauce, and can.. that wasn't even the sealing of the cans. It ended up being fun and I was surprised how well all the cousins played (once again except for my child). We ended up stealing cans from my mother in law because we had so much applesauce.. we ended up making 41 jars! That should last us a year! Now I feel like we need to make some home made salsa or something next! Maybe with no kids this time..


The apples from my parents neighbor.. Leslee had red apples from her tree that we canned as well.
Just the beginning.. we had noooo idea!
Our first batch! :)

The stove of goodies.
The saucer (forgot what it was called).. Thanks Rachel!
Bailey watching a movie.. I think they got up to 4ish movies that day.
Kyla
Aubree and Makayla.. at one point there were four kids in that chair squished with Aubree! ha ha
Notice Korbs sad face..that was him all day.
This girl wasn't sad though!
And you cant forget Daxton!

A pretty successful day even with 7 kids!

No comments:

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!