Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Two depressed little monkeys!

Well I think I will speak for both of us in this blog because I know Steven is feeling about the same way as I am! School sucks! Need I say more?! We have just a little over 3 weeks left of school and it feels like a century! I am soo fed up with it all. I am getting more and more stressed by the second and more and more like I want to cry by the mila-second!! So sorry, but this blog is going to be me complaining, but Im hoping to get it off my shoulders and then maybe I dont have to be soo depressed anymore!
First of all.. I dont know why teachers think that we have all the time in the world to just spend 5,6, or 7 hours a night on just their class.. cause you think about it and that would be at least 25 hours of homework in one day.. which obviously doesn't add up to just one day. So you can see how we are a little overwhelmed. My classes have gone okay up until this month.. let me just list what I had/or still have due this month..
1- 10 hour observation in an elementary
2- Two 2 hour observations in an elementary, plus 2 observation papers on those observations
3- Teaching 2 hours in an elementary about Dance Movement
4- Teaching 2 times in class about Dance movement
5- Research Project number one
6- Research project number two (each 20 min presentations)
7- Research Project number three (has to be 13 pages long.. not kidding!!)
8- Prepare lesson plans (Note.. Im not even in the Education program yet!!)
9- write a paper about my class teaching
10- And last but not least.. MY FINALS!!!!!!
Now I could go on about how much more I have, but I just thought I would list the MAJOR things due this month. I am getting so overwhelmed that I am about ready to pull my hair out! Anybody have a free wig?!
My new job stresses me out also.. I hate hate hate hate hate being new anywhere.. I like to know what I am doing, why I am doing it, and when I should do it. And now I dont know any of that. I hate bugging my supervisor about things I dont know, luckily she is very nice and seems to not mind helping me. I feel stupid a lot of the time because I dont know how to do it! It seems like I will like it and prob enjoy it a lot more then my last position, but it is hard to say at this moment.
And of course all the little things around the house that keep piling up more and more because I don't have time for it. So sorry people, but my house is a mess.. and my laundry hasn't been folded ALL semester!
I feel like some of my friends are taking steps forward and doing new things and moving on with their lives and I am just sitting still.. doing the same stuff.. and its kind of a little sad. I wish I was done with school so I could have a life and be able to buy a house and have babies! But unfortunately I need to wait for another 2 years, hopefully not longer!
So that is my sad sad life right now.. and me being depressed because I have convinced myself that I am deprived (which Im not!).. so sorry you had to read through that.. but I am slowly starting to feel better! I can not wait until the first of December!!
Hope everyone is doing well and staying away from the flu season yuckies!

5 comments:

Kariann said...

Awwww you poor thing! You have the craziest school assignments EVER!! I feel so bad for you!! :( I hope you can find time to get everything done, once it's all over and your all done with school it'll be SO worth it!! I can come help fold laundry!! lol :)

Sarah Rambles said...

Poor thing. I'm happy i don't have to deal with all that. But your doing so well and have come so far. Good luck!

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Wow! It it sounds like your teachers have overloaded you. That does not sound fun at all. I hope you can get into the teaching program soon... Sometimes the way Weber State does things is so dumb. Good luck with everything. You have come this far, so just hang in there. It really will be worth it when you are all through. My grandparents were both teachers, it is a rewarding career. I'm sorry you are having such a stressful time with school.

Steven said...

We can take turns being depressed. School really does suck rocks, but the semester will be over before we know it and we'll be that much closer to the goal. Then you can have a house and all the babies you want (limit of 4)! LOVE YOU!

Rachel said...

Hang in there you guys. School does suck, but you won't have to do this forever. I remember Ryan and I feeling for a long time like our lives weren't progressing, you'll get there. :)

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!