Monday, November 24, 2008

Two Posts in One!



So I decided that there was two things I wanted to post today.. one being Steven's bonus night for work.. and another short one about my few autographs I have. So we will start with Steven's Bonus night!
Steven works for America First Credit Union and every November they hold a bonus night for all the employees and spouses. It usually is kind of boring, and long, but this year they had a whole new theme.. "Utah vs. BYU" (College Football). So we all got to pick what team shirt we wanted.. which is kind of cool! Well we got there and there were sooooo many people there.. wow! But they had numerous types of buffets like.. popcorn, nachos, soft pretzels, cookies, a few types of chicken, fish, hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, chips, lots of pop and juice, and well.. I could go on for awhile... So they had about 5 huge huge tv's around and everyone just did what they wanted. Everytime a team scored they would do a drawing for a prize. Well of course we didn't win anything.. but thats okay! We met up with my friend Hayley and her husband Nick who is Steven's friend, so that was fun to see them.
So the whole night was an overall fun time.. its always nice to go out and do something different. We left stuffed and happy. Steven's bonus wasn't as good as last year, but it was still very good, so I am happy for that. Here are some pictures of the night..

Nick and Hayley Banz

Can you believe all the people?!



Okay, now my second post..
I wanted to personally say thanks to Matt Raider (even though he doesnt read my blog!). Matt has been our go to guy for anything ReAL that we want.. He has given us major discounted tickets on ReAL games, and even some free tickets to games.. like the playoffs. So we have been soo grateful for his generosity! We love ReAL and loved the chance to get to go lots this year! So anyway.. I asked him over 7 months ago if he could get an autograph of my favorite ReAL soccer player.. Kenny Deuchar

He is my favorite player because he reminds me of the way Steven plays soccer, they are basically the same person.. he is also a doctor.. yes a real doctor.. How awesome would that be to be amazing at soccer, and as a doctor! So anyway.. I asked him, thinking he wouldn't think anything else about it and I would never get his autograph.. well last friday my brothers texts me and says he has a signed soccer ball for me.. and you can only imagine my excitement!! Of course I made sure I had it that night! That was pretty awesome, and made my year! So thanks Matt for thinking of me! Here is a picture of me and the ball, and also just the ball.. yes I know, Im crazy!


So then I decided to just post most of my autographs here.. Its pretty cool, we have gotten pretty lucky with some!!


This is Fes autograph from the Jazz

Fes

This is Mr. Kyle Korver.. Rachel and I got his autograph and picture! Thanks friend!


My all time Fav.. Peyton Manning!

Peyton's Autograph!! Peyton was the nicest guy ever!! He stopped to sign my football even though he was hopping in his trailer, and his security guard told him not to sign it and just leave.. but he stopped and signed it for me! And I love the Colts! He really is one of the nicest guys!!

And last but not least.. Deron Williams real shoe with his autograph.. now this one isn't mine, it is my brothers, but Steven and I helped him get the autographed shoe.. so I claim it as a victory!
Well thats it for my two posts! I am planning to do a post for Thanksgiving, so stay tuned!! And if I dont see you or talk to you.. Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!! And thanks for being our friend!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I am jealous of the soccer ball! I guess now he'll just have to work on one from Andy Williams for me. ;)

Megs said...

You have got quite the collection! I will count the number of autographs that I have in my collection...um...none. That is awesome!

Kariann said...

That buffet dinner makes me hungry!!lol Sounds like fun!! Yeah you have quite the collection of autographs!! That is awesome!! We don't have any autographs, my husband would be super jealous!! :)

Megan said...

Wow! Nice collection! You guys do a lot of fun stuff! :)

Thanks for coming to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our life and please leave a comment so we know you stopped by!!